The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

That should be good.

Here’s how this works: No one living close to a shoreline or river can get flood insurance because most large insurance companies won’t offer it: the incidence of flooding is too common and affects too many houses at once to be profitable without ludicrous rates that no one will purchase.

So the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) was created by the US Government to provide flood insurance to coastal communities and people living along rivers prone to flooding. The idea is that the premiums would cover the costs over the long run, and that the US Government wouldn’t go bankrupt after a major incident like a hurricane.

However, due to the major increase in massive flooding recently, NFIP – which was solvent until 2004 – is currently $25 Billion in the red.

So yeah, the guy’s insurance doesn’t cover flooding; it never did. His actual insurer is ultimately named “Donald Trump”, who I’m sure is good for the money.

Heh, no kidding. Trump is like the anti-Lannister.

At least the guy gets to keep the yacht!

I can’t believe how Trump can still astound me. After all the stupid things he’s said and done, he still surprises me.

Of course.

This is especially funny because, as impediments to transit go, the Sahara is far better than any stinking wall. Not to mention the Mediterranean.

That’s it! Instead of a wall, we clearly need a moat. Much more effective. No, the Rio Grande doesn’t count.

Thanks for this. I was starting to forget that urgent feeling in the gut that means someone needs to be punched vigorously in the face.

Great Photoshop:

Screw professionals or intel people, the talking heads on the TV box said I should do it.

I need to stop comparing Donnie to a child because that is, as Alexandra Petri points out, a slur on children.

“This is a tough hurricane,” he said. “One of the wettest we’ve ever seen from the standpoint of water.”

He is a cartoon character. On a daily basis, the President of the United States says things that a cartoon character would say. I feel zero need to watch the actual cartoon that makes this same point, because why go to the effort of hunting down a TV show when this stuff just bubbles up into the news feed seven days a week?

Its the quicker pick-er-upper!

Here. This will soak up that wetness. From the standpoint of water.

This headline pretty much says it all:

I think we all know he hasn’t suddenly changed his character overnight so I’m sure he was advised by someone to try to reel it in.

Sure, but wtf made him listen this time?

“If you want to avoid any legal liability for your criminal activities, you better do you best to make sure Kavanaugh is confirmed.”

Sounds like an Onion headline.

If there were a god, this storm would have been named…

This. Trump knows that he may become the first sitting president to face indictments, and getting Kavanaugh onto the bench is a life or death thing for him.