The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

https://twitter.com/jbillinson/status/1051627281687478272

Titled “The Republican Club,” the painting features Trump sitting at a table with GOP presidents Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Dwight Eisenhower, Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan and both Bushes. History buffs can also spot lesser-known GOP presidents such as Warren G. Harding in the crowd in the background as well.

The addition of a crowd in the background also led Thomas, an independent-minded Midwesterner who’s a fan of both Reagan and Bill Clinton, to add a subtle feminist message: A woman with indistinct features walking directly toward the table.

The same woman also appears in a separate painting, “The Democratic Club,” that Thomas just finished.

“That will be the first Republican female president and the first Democratic female president,” he explained. “As I was doing the painting, I was thinking that these guys are kind of intimidating in a way. That’s the kind of woman that will be our first woman president; she’ll walk right up to that table.”

Huh. I thought that was Jackie O for whatever reason.

We then e-mailed Good Jobs Nation and asked to be put in touch with Mike Oles, prompting a response from the organization’s communications director, Paco Fabian, who agreed to speak to us by phone. He began by confirming that Oles had indeed placed the ad and that Oles did so on behalf of Good Jobs Nation, but Fabian said the ad was neither fake nor intended to mislead.

“Good Jobs Nation has been doing a tour around the Midwest,” Fabian explained, “going to Trump rallies with laid-off workers and retirees and other folks that are calling on President Trump to stop the off-shoring of jobs and make sure that companies with huge federal contracts pay their workers a living wage.”

Some of the participants were retired Honeywell workers who lack healthcare coverage because the company failed to make good on its promise of lifetime benefits, he said.

“So, in Erie, we put up an ad on Craigslist looking for people to stand in line so the Honeywell retirees wouldn’t have to stand in line for eight hours before being able to go into the Trump rally,” Fabian said. “It’s a pretty common practice.”

So don’t worry, America still has puhlenty of genuine jerkwads.

In any case, local press reports said the 9,000-seat venue was filled to capacity for the event (no exaggeration required).

I think my favorite part of the 60 minutes interview with President Trump was the part about climate change.

It’s like arguing with a five year old. Logic doesn’t matter. Facts don’t matter.

He actually used “People say” to prove the veracity of a statement.

Can Lesley Stahl please run, and then win, so she can say to him, “I’m the President and you’re not.” Please? Pleaaaaaase?

-xtien

Also from that CBS interview…

I mean, what’s an ally? We have wonderful relationships with a lot of people. But nobody treats us much worse than the European Union. The European Union was formed in order to take advantage of us on trade, and that’s what they’ve done.

I can’t even…

And, of course, the reporter just goes “But this is hostile.” instead of “Let’s have a quick chat about European history, you moron.”

I thought it was a McNaughton at first. So there’s that to be thankful for.

I like how the picture has a single woman in the frame, way in the back, and out of focus.

According to the artist it’s supposed to be the first female president of the US walking towards the table.

Hey guys, Trump just said that the Saudi king firmly denied having anything to do with murdering that journalist.
FIRMLY denied it!

So it’s cool. They didn’t do it.

If only those climate scientists firmly stated the crisis of climate change.

Seriously, though, I’m so utterly disgusted that corporate America is the one making any sort of stand on a US resident getting butchered by the Saudis, but the US government does nothing. Absolutely disgusting.

He was a journalist. They’re the enemies of the people, dude.

Until that interview, I hadn’t quite ever groked the implication of climate change not being man made. So I used to think “well, who cares if there are other factors involved, we can still mitigate the risk by lowering greenhouse gases”, even in the case of climate change not being man made. But in that interview, he expresses the reason I was missing: if it’s not man made, well, it’s getting warmer, and it will just change back on its own.

Well, it’s less about it “changing back on its own” and more about “there’s no point in trying to do anything.”

Yeah, if we don’t have any impact on the warming then nothing we do will help the cooling. It’s in God’s hands, so might as well just go about business as usual!

He strenuously denied it, which is denying it muchly.