The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

Does he really want to play this game of brinkmanship?

I guess there is a chance that 2 years of fruitless investigations will damage the Dems in 2020. But I’m betting they won’t be fruitless.

Same way it creates a 10% middle class tax cut at whim.

He’s assuming McConnell will fire up investigations in the Senate. More power to him.

You mean… if the Democrats investigate you, you will continue investigating Hillary Clinton like the GOP has done non-stop for the last 25 years?

Yeah, I’m… not feeling intimidated.

So what is the general consensus about Trump hiding his tax returns? That he’s not as wealthy as he wants us to believe? That there are a lot of Russian ties there? That there may be evidence of money laundering for the Russians?

All of the above.

That there is evidence of tax evasion too.

Trump after being asked by an afro-american PBS journalist about him saying that he considers himself a nationalist and that people might see that as white nationalism: “That’s such a racist question.”

Yeah. I couldn’t watch more than 30 seconds of that.

This press conference is a total shitshow, as should be expected. But wow, guy is totally off his rocker. Can it be January already please?

Seems to me that tax returns would be a pretty stupid place to put evidence of tax evasion.

Isn’t that exactly where they would be found? There’s no tax evasion if your do all your paperwork properly and account for everything. Your tax returns are the evidence that you did not.

If tax returns normally had evidence of tax evasion, the IRS’s job would be very easy. It’s the stuff you don’t put in your returns that’s the issue.

Right…but the absence of the information in the return is what creates the crime, and is thus the evidence.

I turned it off when he said that the Democrats want the wall too and he has written statements from all of them proving this ‘fact.’ Dear dog I hate the man.

Yeah, Mueller is all up in his financial information, so we’ll know how much and where it came from and went, so now the IRS needs to match that up with what he actually claimed. Discrepencies there can be a real bitch, as Capone would tell you, if he could.

You’re looking at it the wrong way. The tax returns show what Trump has claimed as income/payments etc. Once the tax returns are available it allows reporters to dig into what is missing or incorrect in the returns.

Sure, but all that info is available to the IRS regardless of whether the Dems subpoena the returns or not. It’s a question of whether they have the will to actually investigate the president.

They don’t, but reporters do have the will and once they have access to the info, they might be able to force the issue.

It’s all in Muellers investigation at the moment, so I don’t know that the IRS has access to that side of it. They have his returns, but not the other info.

I don’t think I have heard him use the phrase “Obama regime” before today…