The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

I watched Cavuto for about 10 minutes this morning. I like him as long as he avoids politics, then he becomes your typical Fox host. Anyway he had a reporter on (I missed his name) who basically said that the WH press should change how it asks questions. Quit thinking he will actually give an answer and start asking him for specifics when he makes a claim. The example he used was about this being the “best economy on record”. He said reporters should ask him to explain that statement, to compare it with other good economic periods and to use specifics. He said Trump would make a fool out of himself if made to do that.

I would agree. Trump answers everything with one sentence sound bites that are based in emotion. request facts from him.

He’d just respond with more random horseshit.

I mean, I’m all for trying it, but it’s been tried in interviews. He just rambles incoherently and then ends up on a new subject.

“That’s a stupid question. That’s such a stupid question.” More or less how he responded to a question he didn’t like today. That’s all he’ll do when asked to explain something he doesn’t want to explain (or most likely, can’t).

You know he’d be eventually saying that to Mueller if he ever sat for an interview (he won’t, because he’s gutless, criminal, and incompetent).

You both are right, he would most likely just say it was a stupid question. But how long do you think he can actually respond to legit questions that way? He does seem to be less and less able to hold a civil news conference.

The other thing the reporter mentioned was that Trump basically sets up the CNN guy by continuing to call on him. If he didn’t want to answer his questions he simply didn’t have to call on him.

Two more years, possibly six.

Not trying to be flip. He’s an idiot, and millions of Americans are either oblivious or don’t care.

Part of me would just love it if reporters would stop attending White House press briefings entirely, and go about reporting the rest of the news in the usual way.

But their ratings. Wont anyone think of the ratings?

True, true. It’s really on us viewers.

I blame myself.

CNN is making bank off this controversy. If they really cared they would boycott Trump coverage. Instead they stoke the flames and then feign outrage at the inferno.

“The press loves covering the press,” is a thing for a reason.

And Trump can exploit it so easily. And does. Often.

Yea that was actually the answer I was thinking of when I asked that. Kinda sad.

The idea that the media should boycott covering Trump at all is kind of crazy though.

I mean, he’s the president of the United States. How actions are news. It’s their job to report it.

True, but that isn’t the biggest problem here. A free press is actually a big deal, so it isn’t like this is a blown out of proportion nothingburger.

The real problem is that Trump’s playbook remains “do terrible/illegal thing to distract from all the other terrible/illegal things”, and that’s does always work, but it’s hard to form a credible alternative. Not impossible, but hard.

They can easily report on his official actions without attending his rambling incoherent personal appearances. And I don’t just mean the Nuremberg rallies.

Well, this documented lie will surely mean something to his supporters. Surely!

That’s a dude that hasn’t slept in a long time.

I hate looking at him so I haven’t really seen him in a while, but holy shit his eyes are so swollen he can barely see out of them.

An EU military. Good idea? Bad idea? Would the US finally have a strong partner, militarily? Or it would it provide yet another avenue for European conservatives to come into political power, like in the US? (The US military is mostly GOP I think.)