The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

His base likely won’t care. Even the Marines.

As long as he’s dissing the Marines to own the libs.

All the military pomp and honor and so forth means nothing as long as your chosen leader is an unrepentant pussy-grabber.

As far I can tell the only reason Trump went to France in the first place was for the WWI anniversary? And then he skips it to watch TV in the hotel.

service-dodging

This has zero to do with helicopters and everything to do with Trump being weak, lazy, and a coward.

Trudeau in 2017 paying tribute to WW2 troops during massive rain.

“As we sit here in the rain, thinking how uncomfortable we must be these minutes as our suits get wet, and our hair gets wet, and our shoes get wet, I think it’s all the more fitting that we remember on that day in Dieppe the rain wasn’t rain, it was bullets,” he said, departing from his prepared remarks.

https://twitter.com/codykeenan/status/1061264803900129282

They could manage it. Donnie just doesn’t have what it takes.

… Here are some from today. Gee, where is that horrible weather Donnie is so afraid of?

Is there any speculation on why he really didn’t attend? Doesn’t look like many people are buying that it was just a little rain that kept him away.

you know how bad humidity makes his bone spurs act up

I see the other leaders walking. If the walk was more than a few yards, I’ll assume Trump passed for that reason.

Gigantically obese dude huffing and puffing along next to a bunch of fit Euros is… a bad look. And now imagine him kneeling to place a flower.

Heh, from the normally staid CBC the following headline qualifies as a stinging rebuke: “Light rains keep Trump from WW1 memorial in France.”

It’s not like it’s any big mystery. It’s just Trump being Trump.

1. Last time he was in France, Macron shamelessly kissed his ass. This didn’t happen this time. Trump is sulking.
  2. Trump hates hates hates not being the center of attention. The problem with an event like this is that the foreign press for some reason sometimes pays attention to foreign leaders as well as him (ick.) Even worse, everyone is supposed to act all respectful and solemn about a bunch of dead soldiers instead of hogging the limelight for themselves (double ick.) Trump knows that people are pointing and laughing at him at these events, so he avoids them like the plague.
  3. Last but not least, Trump is phenomenally lazy. Most of his “work” days at the White House consist of him sitting around on his ass watching TV. Something like this, which involves meeting strangers, being polite, pretending to be interested, and not being 100% in control of the agenda, is sheer hell for him.

Trump really is the worst.

There are always contingency plans for rain. (if we’re calling a light drizzle ‘rain’) Trump wasn’t there because he’s a piece of shit, same reason he does everything. Next time he tries to shame someone about honoring the military, call him a piece of shit.

Surprised Trump isn’t taking cues from Daddy Putin:

Yes. And?

(Democratic senator from Hawaii)

Very moving although as the comments note I think this is from a previous year.