The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

I just can’t believe how big an idiot a US President has to be to miss the 100-year commemoration of Armistice Day. But then I look at Trump, so…

He prefers soldiers who didn’t get drafted, or killed.

Argh, you made me cry again. That movie kills me.

Under the bus the Secret Service goes! Classy!

Well, Donny, let me tell you a little story about the boy who cried wolf.

Good for them for fighting back, though not sure how this plays with the “press make everything about them” crowd. Still, got my support.

Poooooooor Donald.

My thoughts and prayers are with him as he suffers from those pesky journalists, with their truth and ethics and other inconveniences.

So he threatens to pull the US out of NATO and whines about America footing the bill for Europe’s defense, but when a European leader casually suggests that maybe they should go it alone without the US he freaks out and starts throwing “Cheese-eating surrender monkeys!” insults.

Macron has got to be grinning over calling the Shitgibbon’s bluff.

Look, Tin, you clearly just don’t understand the Art of the Deal. Our vulgar yam has got him right where he wants him.

You know, I’d say that I hope Macron and others realize Trump is an aberration, but the reality is that we have enough deplorables here that a newer, Trump 2.0 could be elected who would be a lot smarter and devious than Donnie. They may very well need to protect themselves from the U.S., sad to say.

I think part of the zeitgeist right now internationally and domestically is this realization that the Republican party harbors millions of people dedicated to removing Democracy in the United States and overseas wherever they can.

That’s my biggest fear, Mark. Trump is scary enough, and he and his administration are just a bunch of incompetent clowns. I never realized how vulnerable and fragile our institutions here could be. All it takes is one demagogue, even a moronic one like Trump, and I can feel the strain.

And this is all with a backdrop of low unemployment, an economy humming along, and no major attacks against the US. You start replacing even one of those factors – a more intelligent and cunning demagogue, a cratering economy, a 9/11 size terrorist attack – and… Yeah, I’m worried. I think Trump has shown to any authoritarian-in-waiting in the GOP how feasible it is.

He’s not an aberration. The white supremacy groups are celebrating the mid-term results. There will be more just like him and worst. Europe should get ready to protect themselves from everyone, including us, and not rely on the US.

This. Even though the GOP took a bath, the numbers show blatant racists are still tenable in the US.

I don’t dismiss that stuff casually but I also don’t think we’re that deep in it yet. Lots of swing in the opposite direction last Tuesday. Take away Donald’s celebrity element and all those grotesque groupies who voted with their coot-coots and prune chutes and we wouldn’t be in this mess.

There’s no doubt that white nationalism is having a moment, both here and in Europe. But these nincompoops aren’t prepared to actually lead, and consistently overestimate the public’s desire for totalitarianism, so I feel like it’ll die relatively quickly this time.

That doesn’t mean there won’t be setbacks, though.

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1062354667718561792

(Thread Reader)
AFAICT Fox & Friends did not cover Macron during the 6 am hour before Trump’s 6:50 am tweet, which means the feedback loop is working the other way this morning.

Once Trump informed Fox & Friends they should be pissed about Macron, they got pissed about Macron.

And the president appears to have gotten the Macron approval rating talking point from Brian Kilmeade.

Left, Fox & Friends, 7:29 am:
Kilmeade: “Big picture, he’s got 26 percent approval rating, he thought he’d pick up a few points by beating up on” Trump.

Right, Trump, 8:17 am:

Make sure you get this, too:

4 stars on Amazon, 119 reviews. Didn’t want to link it here, but it’s well worth looking at because some of the quesions/answers and reviews are hilarious. There are actually two listed, and both might be knock-offs. (Edit: Oops, there appear to be seven listings.)

Disappointingly (or not), the MAGA building blocks are not available on Amazon.

But his mood apparently has changed as he has taken measure of the electoral backlash that voters delivered Nov. 6. With the certainty that the incoming Democratic House majority will go after his tax returns and investigate his actions, and the likelihood of additional indictments by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, Trump has retreated into a cocoon of bitterness and resentment, according to multiple administration sources.

Behind the scenes, they say, the president has lashed out at several aides, from junior press assistants to senior officials. “He’s furious,” said one administration official. “Most staffers are trying to avoid him.”

The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, painted a picture of a brooding president “trying to decide who to blame” for Republicans’ election losses, even as he publicly and implausibly continues to claim victory.