The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

:)

Echoing Sam Bee…

So this happened today:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1071479075699490816

Also, had to post one of my favorite Holy Modal Rounders songs because it includes this immortal couplet:

Don’t you know I’m from Da Nang
I just want to let it hang my baby

What is that? A typo?
A stroke?
I hope it’s a stroke.

Wait wait wait… is he really calling someone out for not seeing combat in Vietnam?

He’s an idiot and insane. He fully believes the struggles he endured in NYC evading STDs is the same as seeing combat in Vietnam.

Belittling someone else’s accomplishments is a thing to not feel bad about oneself. It’s like nobody else can get any glory when they feel slighted.

Seems like a good time to remind everyone he dodged the draft and Mueller got a Bronze Star and Purple Heart.

And by good, I mean, he’s a fucking idiot.

Trump is the dumbest man alive.

Who does he think listens when he tweets shit like that? Europe will never pay for their own defense, because in effect it is our defense we are paying for.

So, a stronger German military is good for Europe, but a European military is not. Because two world wars. Got it.

Trump thinks that “pay NATO” means “write checks to the US”.

That’s literally what he thinks.

Bad news for Trump… i just got polled by Rasmussen. I got a feeling that his approval among white guys is gonna be a bit lower than normal.

Or “pay lots of money to US military manufacturizers” and/or “let us pull all our dudes and bases out of EUropes”.

He is stupid and his tweet is so far from reality, it doesn’t connect at all with the main issue, but the root issue is that countries are not spending their agreed upon amount of 2% GDP. In the 2014 summit, they all did agree to get there - by 2024, so Trump coming out and saying “do it now” is ultimate stupid. He’s like a child throwing a tantrum.

By many accounts, nato spending has been up - starting in 2015:

The alliance as a whole increased defense spending for the first time in two decades in 2015. Spending is rising across the board for European members of NATO and in Canada as well, increasing by 3.14% in 2016 and a whopping 5.27% in 2017.

But ultimately the 2% is a guideline and really, who are we protecting member states against? The history of Nato operations is pretty limited and most would agree that to fund these types of operations could be met with a much smaller budget than 2% - unless there is real fear of a larger aggression by Russia or China.

And I for one would absolutely cheer the hell out of lowering our military spending to 2% and use it for something worthwhile.

Seems like this obviously is in fact the case.

But Putin is our friend. He’s so awesome! He would never do anything to hurt us.

They are expecting you to be a republican. They will probably toss your response out as an “outlier”