The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

So was Rudy!

Yeah, but Rudy is senile.

There are a lot of differences between a criminal trial and an impeachment trial. Notably:

Judgment in Cases of Impeachments shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust, or Profit under the United States

Now look at the double jeopardy clause:

Nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb

Double jeopardy applies to “life or limb”, yet impeachment is explicitly not allowed to jeopardize life or limb. So I think it does not apply, for the same reason that double jeopardy does not apply to civil lawsuits.

Indeed, impeachment is a political act, not a judicial one, and has basically nothing to do with the judicial process. Congress can impeach the President for anything or nothing at all. They can impeach him for eating a sandwich if they like, and they can repeat the process as often as they care to. That would be stupid, of course, but the Constitution allows them to be stupid.

The House won’t begin any impeachment process unless they’re sure they have the votes to convict in the Senate. And they won’t have those, so it won’t happen.

Now the intern (“purposefully,” “vying”) is just setting him up for the takedowns.

“Lots of people want to be my chief of staff. Like, is 10 a lot? Yeah, 10. Uh, you wouldnt know them though, they live in Canada.”

Miller: So remember - if we don’t get the wall, we shut down the government. Then we claim the shutdown is all the Democrats’ fault, because they didn’t vote for the wall.
Trump: Got it.
Miller: It’s a great plan. It’s foolproof.
Trump: Got it.
Pelosi: You’re not getting the wall.
Trump: Shows what you know. I’ve got a great plan, a foolproof plan. I’m going to shut down the government! Just me, nobody else!

Jesus what a petulant septuagenarian child. And hey, the Rs still hold the House and the Senate, so it’s their damned fault if the government gets shut down.

This video starts a little earlier.

Edit: Even longer (complete) version, but FB, sorry

YouTube version for the FB wary (22:12:00):

Trump is a toddler and the wall is that toy the adults refuse to let him play with.

Well played, Manu Raju. Well played.

I’m imagining 20,000 dollar pyramid, and someone says all the shit that Trump said, and the correct answer is “things that are the absolute best possible outcome from this meeting for the Democrats”.

That look on Schumer’s face is just calculated to infuriate Trump.

Trump is just betting that his base will appreciate him fighting for Border Security. That’s what they like about him.

But I wonder if he appreciates what a government shutdown really entails. Maybe he does, and he’s bluffing. Maybe he doesn’t, which is worse. Either way, this doesn’t end well for him.

Any time you say, “I wonder if Trump fully appreciates…” the answer is “No.”

Hahahahaha

It must absolutely infuriate him that he has to deal with women of power.