WolfenDoom: Blade of Agony / Quake: Arcane Dimensions [Retro FPS]

Ah ha! You actually solved my problem, thanks! I increased the size of the UI so that I could read the option text better. Then I disabled lookstrafe. Done. I can be dense at times. All times.

I’ve only just stumbled upon this thread and it’s right up my alley, so I’m downloading WD:BOA as I type.

their website is still active and they’re actively working on chapter 3. On the point you mention here about the maps being too long. I can’t link to the individual blog entry as their website sucks, but here’s the opening intro:

edit: aha managed to find a direct link, though the blog is hosted elsewhere

So the performance of these BOA maps is terrible. It reminds me of when I tried to do outlandishly large environments in the HL1 engine, and it just didn’t work because of the way the VIS algorithm works. You can tell from the start of the mission that when you bring up the “map” that practically the entire rest of the map is being “seen” and rendered :/

Still, I like how they have semi-hitscan weapons. It allows you a little bit of that classic bullet doge gameplay against hitscan enemies.

http://i.imgur.com/hsVuoau.png

A game release that no one has commented, the enhanced version of Blood:

Blood: Fresh Supply Enhancements:

Updated using Nightdive Studio’s KEX Engine
Vulkan, DirectX 11 and OpenGL 3.2 support, play with unlocked framerates!
Antialiasing, Ambient Occlusion, V-sync and Interpolation support
Support for high resolutions including 4K monitors
Fully customizable keyboard and controller pad support
Extended modding support, including support for already existing mods
Completely rewritten netcode supports up to 8 players:
Play online in co-operative mode, kill each other in “Bloodbath” or split the difference in classic 4v4 team-based “Capture The Flag” mayhem
Battle it out in local split-screen action
Roll your own soundtrack with full CD and MIDI music support
Look fully up and down with a new 3D view, or stick with the classic BUILD-engine style!

There was some chatter the other day.

Even I missed the announcement last month , Blade of Agony released April 30th 2021!

https://boa.realm667.com/index.php/8-news/231-blade-of-agony-unleashed

Paging @tomchick , Nazi’s and Zombies need shooting. That is if you are bored and have time to play a mod.

*Nazis