Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - The man in the high castle gets shooty

I made it to American soil, finally!

Also, there’s a number of stats that a game tracks as part of the Xbox One stats thingie, in the same category as achievements in the game hub. Well, this is the first game I’ve encountered that doesn’t track the time played. Which is really weird.

I thought the ending section in the submarine would be a section that I would never get past, since I was stuck on it for a few hours. I was beginning to think it was just impossible, but then I finally had a good run where I realized something very important:

1. When you haven’t yet killed the area commander and he’s broadcasting for help, even though there’s enemies spawning in the area, they are not endless.
  2. This is pretty key because I thought you had to rush to kill the Commander after he starts broadcasting because he would endlessly spawn reinforcements, but that is not the case, so I eventually was able to get everyone and then go find the commander and kill him.

So yeah, that was a pretty important discovery. Overall, I love this gameplay. The mixture of stealth and full on combat is excellent, just like in the previous game. I never instantly reload to try stay stealthy, I always play out the scenario and see if I can survive with the alarm on, even though I will likely die. But it’s still fun to try.

So far my choices on weapon upgrades have been pretty bad though.

On the first upgrade I got a scope for my rifle, which I thought was an obvious bonus. Only, the lense on the scope is so reflective and dirty, I actually prefer using the rifle without the scope now. What a waste of an upgrade. Then I got the upgrade to be more stealthy with the submachine gun. Only… that silencer is not very quiet on that gun. So it’s not very stealthy at all. Another wasted upgrade, damn it.