Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - The man in the high castle gets shooty

Agreed. I loved every moment I hated my enemies.

I haven’t gotten to this game yet, and I’ll admit it’s been a little while since I played The New Order, but I thought you killed Frau Engel in that game, in the stompy mech part?

Don’t worry, it’s been a while for me as well. But the game starts off with a nice summary to get you caught up on all the important events from the last game that you need to remember, including what happened to Frau Engel, and what happened to BJ as well, since I’d forgotten that too. My thinking was: wait, didn’t BJ die at the end of the last one?

Now that part I do recall, I guess it made a bigger impact on me. BJ was definitely in bad shape, but I also heard the distant sound of a helicopter, I imagine the one Anya and the others were in, who must have rescued him. And based on what I’ve seen of New Colossus, BJ starts out in pretty bad shape so I don’t think this is much of a retcon.

I loved the poignant song that played over the credits in the previous game. It sure made you think that BJ was checking out for good.

1st episode DLC is out:

My biggest disappointment with this game (such as it is) is the music–specifically, the choice for the end credits.

Too bad they didn’t save this track from The Old Blood for this game… would have been a perfect fit; and far better than what they went with:

I picked this up after reading the buzz in the Quarterlies channel. I haven’t played an FPS in a while. I did not realize how bad I am at these games. I slowly turned the difficulty down to the lowest one and am still dying constantly. I got stuck in the mission it seems like everyone above got stuck on too. I can’t hack it! Need to practice with some easier shooters I guess.

The difficulty on this one is dialed way up. Most of the critics seem to say that the game is good despite have fair to decent gameplay. The shooting is something you suffer through to make the cinematics more rewarding. I heard many recommending the lowest difficulty.

Usually I play the Courtroom for about 5 minutes a day. But of course, I never make any progress.

On Sunday, I played for over 30 minutes. And I got to the point where I killed enough soldiers to get an autosave point. Only… now they sent in the cavalry. Holy shit. And before this happened, I thought it was the toughest thing ever. I hadn’t seen anything yet. This part is surely impossible.

I’ll keep plugging away.

From a thematic point of view, this makes sense. You don’t expect to get out of a situation like this alive. And with what the game throws at you, this bears out. Only with the power of a million reloads could a character get out of this alive somehow.

I had a heck of a hard time with it as well. What eventually worked for me was that a gate of some kind opened up to the right side (looking toward where the judge would sit) mid-fight and allowed access to a long curved staircase from which you were somewhat protected and could take on the enemies as they came up them.

Yes, and before that I took advantage of the fixed turrets as well. It was hard but not impossible.

The Courtroom is a PITA but not as bad, IMO, as the end boss in The Old Blood. That one made me just uninstall.

The last boss in The New Order seriously sucked as well. I gather that there was some trick to it but I just ended up reducing the difficulty.

If you mean the London Monitor, yeah, I uninstalled on that one too. One reason I liked The New Colossus so much is that there are no real boss fights. I hate boss fights, always have.

Is that the one where the boss is in a town square type thing and you basically run around sniping at it from trenches built around the edges? I didn’t really have a big problem with that one.
I’m referring to the Big Bad of the story, Strasse or whatever he’s called (I guess the devs were Casablanca fans-- they were only one letter off the bad guys name in that movie [Strasser IIRC]).

I didn’t remember hating the ending of the first game, or having any trouble with it, so I looked up the other thread because you guys made me curious.

Oh, geez, guess I never got to that part. I’m going through it again though so maybe I’ll get by the London Monitor this time.

I started playing this game then literally forgot I was playing it.

What’s so good about this, again?

The crazy story and cast of characters. The Nazi shooting isn’t bad either.