Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - The man in the high castle gets shooty

Fucking Trump, er ist überall! So excited for this game.

I think NAZIs would have really liked the first-person shooter genre (and violence in video games/media in general) had it been available 70 years ago.

I had to look at the render a few times to make sure it wasn’t an image of real people with makeup.

That is pretty uncomfortable to look at.

Put cat ears on both of them and it’s less uncomfortable.

You may be on to something

Heh, now that’s a response… :v

I thought this might be good so I played the first one a bit as Tom said it was the tapir’s nuts.

I had to stop after London. I thought the spiel was the story was good, but keeerrrriisst it was awful.

It’s a bit hard to root for a guy when he’s so monotonic and one dimensional you want to box him around the ears to see if there’s anything clattering around in there. ‘Committed suicide for the cause. Good guy. Wonder if I would? … I would. I wonder what I’ll have for breakfast tomorrow?’

This guy is so awesome and has so much shit to get done right fucking now he slams the door in frustration at a guy who wears an adult nappy.

And whats with that chick who just rolls over for him the moment she’s done spoon feeding him and scrubbing her parent’s brains out of her blouse? I didn’t even hear them have a decent conversation.

14 years in a fucking coma, and he what - fucking deadlifts on the weekend? Jesus wept!

The best part was when that crazy Prussian bastard slit the limeys throat. He could talk underwater that guy. I could have sworn I saw ol’ blue eyes breath a quiet sigh of relief.

But I have to give it points for the villainy. The wok eyed facial animation really brought out the batshit crazy thousand yard stare.

I replayed some of Chronicles of Riddick a while back, and the monotony sort of stuck out to me too there. I guess it’s a real Swedish metal thing.

There’s a sense of campness in the original which really lightened the tone. I can see where they tried to hit that, but it’s the protagonist who needs to be recoloured.

It’s sad that they have to pre-emptively apologise.

I would go all out and get Harvey Weinstein to endorse it.

You think Patton ever apologised to anyone (except perhaps his niece)?

Fucking unAmerican.

You seem pretty fussed again. :)

What is this referring to?

I guess they’re apologizing to Nazis?

We usually punch Nazis.

I’m confused here. Who apologized to Nazis? Bethesda certainly didn’t.

They blinked.

Can you explain what you mean?

Do you really believe that Bethesda’s marketing is apologizing?

Oh, shit, no. Bethsoft’s marketing is loving this. It’s a perfect storm: release a game about killing Nazis when Nazis are marching in the streets of America. To quote a memorable phrase from another thread, marketing drones masturbate furiously over fantasies of being able to tie in their product in a favorable way with the current political-social thing. Bethsoft’s marketing is on their knees praising Trump right now for stirring up such a poopy pot of joy.

Telefrog, no, but feel free to state an opinion if you do in fact have one.

Scharmers, Yes of course they are!

They should charge out of the gate with it instead of pampering twitter wankers who get offended by Hitler in a mech suit.

Someone in this thread isn’t really paying attention.

Why can’t you explain what you meant by “they blinked”?

No, you can’t explain what you mean, but you want me to offer an opinion?

What the heck?