Wolfenstein: Youngblood

Uh oh, better avoid the comments for that one.

I’m not wild about the choice of time period, but I loved New Order and New Colossus enough that it gets the benefit of the doubt from me.

Oh wow. Another one to the list that is just getting longer and longer <3

Yeah this looks amazing. Killing nazis and twin female protagonists? It’s a triple cheeseburger of alt-right rage and I will eat every bite.

I’m just skeptical of the 2019 release year. This looks like a complete sequel in a different setting. It took them a long time to do The New Colossus, 3 year gap between that and The New Order, so I think it will likely take about the same time to do another sequel.

For me at least, the rebooted wolfenstein series has been defined by BJ blazkowicz. The spin offs in the past haven’t really done anything for me. I do have some worries that this game will be more like the failed spin offs and less like the main games in the series.

This is the only Youngblood I care about (@ArmandoPenblade will understand why I needed to post this)

I like Bruce Willis’s version of Young Blood.

Fuck yes

Twins, Basil, Twins!!!

So… someone had the bright idea to turn ‘neo-Nazis’ into NEON-Nazis…

Because 80s nostalgia?

@scharmers

What about Lee and Rico?

July 26th launch for PC, PS4, Switch, and Xbox One.

$30 launch price. $40 deluxe edition includes a “buddy pass” that allows a friend to join your game for co-op without owning their own copy.

OK, so Wolfenstein Blood Dragon. I can dig it.

Arkane Lyon worked on this:

On its face, Youngblood tells the story of two sisters, but behind the scenes, it also tells the story of two sister studios. MachineGames has partnered with the creative talents at Arkane Studios in Lyon to bring you the latest installment in this series. “This opportunity to co-develop our next installment of the Wolfenstein series with Arkane Studios in Lyon is a great example of how we can be stronger as part of the ZeniMax family,” says Jerk Gustafsson, Game Director at MachineGames. “This collaboration and sharing of our respective expertise has not only resulted in a truly great and completely new Wolfenstein experience, but it has also brought our two studios closer together in a friendship that will be of tremendous value in our continuous efforts to craft beautiful, original and fun video games.”

“Arkane is working on a number of exciting projects,” continues Dinga Bakaba, Game Director at Arkane Studios in Lyon. “But when we got this opportunity to join forces with our MachineGames friends on Youngblood, we were thrilled. It’s been an honor to help realize this vision of two sisters fighting back against a fascist regime in the streets of 1980s Paris. This has also been a unique chance to bring an Arkane touch to the Wolfenstein IP, and we’ve been able to gather some learnings from one of the most talented studios in the world in the process.”