Wonder Woman 1984 - Patty Jenkins and an Amazon

Schadenfreude.

I don’t think I’d ever seen that video, despite the fact that it came out when MTV actually ran music videos (what a concept!).* Thanks.

*the song, of course, is ubiquitous and inextricably associated (in my mind) with my youth.

Random trivia: the actor playing Lauper’s mother in the video is… her actual mother.

I’d just like to chime in that if anyone saw my replies as grousing about the movie that’s my bad. I’m on board with it the same as the other movies, in that if people say it’s a good one I’m going to watch it, and if it’s bad then I won’t. I don’t take positions on the story ahead of time based on the trailer unless it’s truly effed up, like if a movie about the Alamo was set in the future and the fort defenders won.

I’m just having my own fun with some of the ideas in the thread.

I think we all are. The jokes are too good to pass up!

Wonder Woman: Ragnarok

(It would be DCs best movie since TDK if it’s half as good as Thor: Ragnarok.)

I hope!

Wonder Woman was fine. I didn’t love it like others, but thought it nailed the main character. Which, given the positioning as the premier female hero, is great.

So hopefully this is a better film/ villain around the already good Gal.

Has DC fired Zac Snyder yet?

We are all complicit for finding 300 “idk fun sure” at the time.

I blame Gerald Butler. And aaaabbbbsssss.

I still like 300. I’ll watch it now and then and yeah Gerald nailed it.

June 2020 seems so far away, but I’ll most likely be there!

Gerald?

Gerard. You knew who we were talking about.

Geralt, right? I thought that was Cavill, though.

I just saw the poster, so is her new outfit all gold?

Also she sorta looks like a WWF superstar from the 80’s.

Poster looks more Xtreme 90s to me than Awesome 80s. And now she’s Ironman. Don’t dig the outfit but it’s lit so weird it’s really hard to say.

Didn’t she show up in the Snyder movies with a similar outfit to 1914? Didn’t she look at that photo from the war, and say some stuff about her lost love? Are we cancelling those movies?

It’s the DC Universe, is there even a timeline? :P

I like it. Colorful, energetic, not grimdark, seems to have taken some lessons from Thor Ragnarok in tone and color.

Yes, I will watch that in theaters.

I’m going to love the 80s feel of this. Looks awesome.