Wonder Woman 2017 - Beating Marvel to the punch

I think the trailer looked awesome. I’m not sure Gadot is pulling off the version of WW I like the most (the JL Animated one) but I’ll take it. She looks great in combat.

As for the Germans, they had rifles and WWI style helmets. What makes them looks like WWII soldiers? The helmets actually didn’t change much between wars. Not many Germans in WWII actually wore the spike helmet.

I’m betting they are keeping the identity of the villain under close guard since that needless Doomsday reveal in BvS. And I also agree WW1 makes sense because WW2 has been done to death in recent years.

I think the main reason is to try to differentiate itself in some small way from the Marvel movies. Wonder Woman is an ancient mythological god with a special magic weapon only she can wield that returns to Earth after a thousand years to help humanity. So, Thor. She wears the American Flag and fights Germans, like Captain America.

I know she’s older than both characters but this is Marvel vs DC and the public never sees it that way.

I’d naturally be incredibly insulted by a depiction of a woman in this way – however – I think Wonder Woman was always a pioneer in strong female leads and it looked pretty cool. Plus she was definitely the smartest in that last movie (yes, I watched it on direct recently – sheesh terrible).

Is Gal Godot a strong enough female lead? She is hot but a lot of times seems to act silly IMO.

Silly? I don’t really remember much about her F&F roles, but she didn’t seem “silly” in BvS. There wasn’t a lot to work with there, but she seemed like a fine choice for what they gave her.

I’m just going by F&F and Google image search. Maybe “immature” or “lacking gravitas” is a better way of putting it?

I think Glenn Close or Helen Mirren is a bit too old for this kind of actiony role.

Helen Mirren could pull it off.

Who was Diana’s mother played by? Persephone, is that the character’s name? Been a while.

You damn right she does!

Ah, the succubus from Devils Advocate and the love interest/Mom from Gladiator. Didn’t recognize her. For some reason I get her confused with Olivia Wilde.

Is Linda Carter gonna get a cameo?

Whataburger vs. Wonder Woman

[quote]
"Contrary to some suggestions, Whataburger is not at war with Wonder Woman over her newly redesigned logo. In fact, Whataburger supports superheroes like Wonder Woman and her friends in the Justice League,” a Whataburger company spokesperson wrote in a statement to Chron.com. “Truth be told, Whataburger’s own superhero – Whataguy – would love to team up with Wonder Woman and her friends sometime to battle evil together.”

While Whataburger noted Wonder Woman’s registration of her prior stacked W logo as a trademark in 1985, it did so without a great deal of concern given the version of Wonder Woman’s logo at that time was somewhat different than Whataburger’s Flying W logo, and in particular because Wonder Woman’s logo was registered for comic books, not food, beverages or restaurant services.

"Wonder Woman’s stacked W logo has both made it appear more similar to Whataburger’s long-standing Flying W trademark and has been accompanied by nine new trademark applications, covering a much more substantial list of goods and services than just comic books, including a variety of food and beverage products.

Whataburger anticipates a positive discussion with DC Comics and a resolution of that discussion that will be acceptable to both parties."[/quote]

Somewhere, someone on the Flying W Ranch is salivating that they can ditch the cattle branding and sue both of them.

This isn’t about the movie but this seemed like the best thread for Wonder Woman news:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/10/13/497696282/wonder-woman-named-honorary-u-n-ambassador-for-gender-equality

On the one hand, good on them for promoting gender equality. On the other hand, there wasn’t a non-imaginary (ideally living) woman deserving enough to be the ambassador?

New trailer:

That looks pretty good!

…but then again, so did the Man of Steel trailers.

If nothing else at least it looks like they have tossed out Snyder’s color palette, which consisted of two colors, grim and dark.

I’m afraid that token self-awareness is not enough to drown out the overwhelming silliness of WW fight a war dressed like a swimsuit model.