Won't You Be My Neighbor? - Mr. Rogers Documentary

Someone must be cutting onions around here…

Same here, mono. Same here.

My grandfather worked at WQED and helped build the sets, but that producer lady said they were “simple.” Whatever, lady. Heh.

Got to meet him twice, I’ll never forget it. I’m totally seeing this.

Man, I wish that the original was more readily available for my son to watch. Daniel Tiger is… alright. But Mr. Rogers was an institution.

Are they on HBO Go?

I’m kinda surprised they don’t rerun it on PBS.

Isn’t it on Twitch right now?

It was a marathon but I assume they don’t put the videos up. Just googled and saw they are doing another marathon.

GG EZ

Ah, yeah, I thought that was a one off. Nice to know.

I was a bigger Sesame Street fan when I was little. They always cracked me up. Mr. Rogers, not so much.

That explains why you’re such a terrible neighbor.

He was good for us.

This comes out this week, and I can’t wait.

I recently noticed Prime had a bunch of episodes of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood to stream, so I loaded one up.

I was crying inside a minute.

I had a…rough childhood, yet this man spoke to me as if I was important. As if I was special. All that came flooding back.

I’ll cry in the theater as I watch this, but whatever.

Anyone who doesn’t cry has no soul. I double-dog dare anyone to watch his testimony before Congress and not cry.

I have never met anyone who made fun of Mr. Rogers. Some of them would make fun of nearly any other celebrity for whatever reason, but never him.

My brother and I would sit and watch him well into our 20’s. I can’t remember why. I think he just happened to be on when we turned the TV on, and we wouldn’t change the channel until it was over. He was strangely compelling. He connected in a pure way that’s hard to describe.

My brother asked me once, “Do you think that’s just an act?”

“Nope.” Partly because I had seen him guest on Carson, and partly because I always just knew, even before Carson. You could never doubt his sincerity.

This probably sounds like hyperbole, but I consider him arguably the most important American of the past 50 years at least. He was what we all should strive to be.

I couldn’t agree more.

I found my old picture with him and my older cousins.

mr_rogers

I’m the one in the stroller.