Word game

I’m not ashamed to say that I’ve been struggling with this all day.

Select From A to craZy

Enjoy!

http://www.shygypsy.com/

Edit: Sorry, to make it a bit easier for you, you have to link one letter to the next using the word given. A–>B, and so on.

I don’t understand.

Neither did I to start with.
I’ll PM the beginning to you so as not to ruin it for others.

yeah PM me too.

PMs sent to you both.
Hope it helps - I had to get the person who sent it to me to explain that to me too.

Got to giraffe and then got bored and quit. Stupid game.

can you PM me too?

This feels like a word version of notpr0n.

Can you just post how it works?
I don’t understand it either.

I still don’t get it. Can you give an example word that works for “A”? I tried variations like ab (“aplomb”) and ab (“stable”) and ab (“able”) and none of those worked.

I tried aplomb early too.

It’s not as literal (in general) as people are assuming. In the first case, it is.

It’s a little spoiler, but since there are 26 “levels” it’s not a huge one, but…

The first “answer” is just the letter b. It gets more lateral-thinky from there, though.

I’m at giraffe and, like CCZ, am starting not to care what the next one is.

I don’t understand why the OP is willing to PM anyone who asks the rules but didn’t just post them.

Games without rules - cool!

I think I’ll just type in every word I know - I probably have a vocabulary of 50K words or so.

Or maybe not.

Games without rules weren’t much fun in the days of Seventh Guest. Games without even HINTS at rules are less fun.

Please PM me the rules too.

Okay, I finally managed to figure some of it out, and since the original poster is so tight lipped, I’m just going to tell you guys. I mean, not that knowing the rules really makes it that much easier.

As far as I can tell, the idea is to progress through the alphabet using the displayed word as a clue to the next word (e.g. the first clue is “a” and the first answer is “b”). Sometimes it has to do with letter substitution. Sometimes, it’s the sound. Other times it’s just finding a topically related word that keys on the next letter in the alphabet.

• Alan

I was expecting a link to Funny Farm, because it’s the new thing. And cool. Nearly as cool as it is annoying.

Essentially, the rule is give the theme letter of the clue, find the tangentally releated word that uses the next letter of the alphabet as its theme.

Okay, I’ve started running into parts that require specific cultural knowledge, which makes it a crappy puzzle. I mean, how many people actually watched the Jeremiah TV series?

• Alan

YEah, that’s about where I gave up.