Wordle: Everyone is Suddenly Playing It

That quote from the article is so 2022 really. Instead of “cool, I learned a new word today” the response is “not fair, I’ve never heard of that stupid word!”

There’s also this kind of reaction

Somebody needs a hug.

Not sure anyone who spells “piece” as “puece” should be commenting on spelling.

Wordle 210 3/6*

⬛🟩🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I think the choices are going to try to avoid words heavy in the big 5 consonants plus E, so focusing on the next 5 or so seems to have served me well.
MAPLE
PACKS
PANIC

Wordle 210 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I didn’t.

Wordle 210 4/6*

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨⬜🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
got there eventually.

I accidentally ruined yesterday by seeing the word early!

For today, I was really worried after the second guess, but my 3rd one brought me there.

Wordle 210 4/6*

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 210 4/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟩⬜🟩🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ATONE
CABIN
MANIC
PANIC

Wordle 210 3/6

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

DARES - LAITY

Wordle 210 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yeah, that’s what I thought first time I played it.

I used a letter frequency chart for English to come up with a starting word or words. I wanted E and A (two most common letters and vowels) and then most common consonants, which are (in order) R, T, N, S. I settled on using variations of TEARS / ASTER / STARE. Seems to be working so far, at least I have not been stumped.

I think you’re probably more likely to find vowels in positions 2 and 4, so it might be a good idea to have them there in the hope of quick greens. So maybe TASER or RESAT.

Yes, that makes sense!

Though possibly even better to put the S at the end, now that I think about it. So RATES.

Wordle 210 3/6*

🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I like using different starting words and really got lucky on this one, but not so lucky on guess two.

PANTS
PANDA
PANIC

Wordle 210 3/6*

⬛🟩⬛🟩⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

RATIO
VALID
PANIC

I feel like there was a real opportunity to get my first 2 here, but luck was not on my side.

Wordle 210 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

STONE
PLAID
PANIC

Here’s a case where my two starting words STONE and PLAID really paid off.

Oof, rough day for me today.

Wordle 210 5/6*

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

STARE
MOCHA
CAULK
FANCY
PANIC