Wordle: Everyone is Suddenly Playing It

Vowels. How to they fuckin’ work!?

I was soooo close to getting it in three.

Wordle 212 4/6*

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

TRAIN
RISER
SPIRE
SHIRE

It seems a lot of us ended up with β€œSPIRE” as our second to last guess, hehe. A friend of mine who goes by β€œRingwraith” online was very disappointed in himself for taking six guesses to get to the answer.

Wordle 212 3/6*

🟨⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

RATES
SPIRE
SHIRE

My gut was to go with that as my second guess, but like many of you didn’t think that word likely made the list and figured β€œspire” was more likely. But lo and behold!

Same -

Wordle 212 3/6

🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Someone has created a script to turn your Wordle score into a Townscaper building:

Trying hard mode today.

Wordle 212 4/6*

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

THANE
WHILE
CHIDE
SHIRE
Kicking myself because I thought of SHIRE on row 3, but thought it was too British a word to be the answer. Maybe it’s Wordle making amends for FAVOR.

look at the TLD for Wordle, it is .uk so…

also not too British a word, certainly post LotR its well known.

Wordle 213 6/6

⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

So many possibilities with my first 2 letters, all wrong.

Wordle 213 4/6*

⬜🟨🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

SPORE - PRONG - PROUD
Took me a while to even find another word with those three starting letters. I guess I was lucky to have eliminated so many possibilities with the incorrect letters in my initial few guesses.

Wordle 213 3/6*

β¬›πŸŸ¦β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ¦πŸŸ¦β¬›β¬›β¬›
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

JOUST
OXIDE
PROXY

Wordle 213 4/6*

🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Could have been three, but I figured that nah, they wouldn’t. Then I thought: of course they will!

Thought I was going to fail today!

Wordle 213 6/6*

⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Another 4.

Wordle 213 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Are you testing for unlikely letters?

Wordle 213 6/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Geez!

ASIDE
FRONT
GROUP
PROWL
PROMO
PROXY
I am not good at guessing which words might or might not get used. After guess 3, I was aware of at least these three possibilities, but figures only the first two could conceivably be used.

This one got me too.

Wordle 213 X/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜

AUDIO
SHORT
BROKE
PRONG
PROWL
PROOF

I guess so, but only because I like to be playful and pick a random starting word each day.

I try to start with something that has at least one or two of the popular consonants, but actively avoid the β€œbest” starting words if possible.

I had seen that there were some failures today, so probably did lean more towards some of the 4+ scrabble score letters

I’m not really sure what the best strategy is. I go for a starting word with the most common vowels / consonants; approaching it like breaking a simple cipher. On the one hand, that means that any unusual words are going to take 4 guesses to get. On the other, most words are going to take 4 guesses to get! I’ve had 1 @ 5, 1 @ 3, the rest all 4.

I think it’s more fun to play if you don’t try to have a β€œbest strategy”. I’d guess that something like RATIO is an β€œoptimal” starting word (3 vowels, 2 1-point scrabble consonants), but I find it more fun to start from somewhere as random as possible so that each day is a doubly-different puzzle (random start AND end!)

I’d also argue that β€œfour is where the fun is” 😁