Wordle: Everyone is Suddenly Playing It

I was soooo close to getting it in three.

Wordle 212 4/6*

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

TRAIN
RISER
SPIRE
SHIRE

It seems a lot of us ended up with “SPIRE” as our second to last guess, hehe. A friend of mine who goes by “Ringwraith” online was very disappointed in himself for taking six guesses to get to the answer.

Wordle 212 3/6*

🟨⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

RATES
SPIRE
SHIRE

My gut was to go with that as my second guess, but like many of you didn’t think that word likely made the list and figured “spire” was more likely. But lo and behold!

Same -

Wordle 212 3/6

🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Someone has created a script to turn your Wordle score into a Townscaper building:

Trying hard mode today.

Wordle 212 4/6*

⬛🟩⬛⬛🟩
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

THANE
WHILE
CHIDE
SHIRE
Kicking myself because I thought of SHIRE on row 3, but thought it was too British a word to be the answer. Maybe it’s Wordle making amends for FAVOR.

look at the TLD for Wordle, it is .uk so…

also not too British a word, certainly post LotR its well known.

Wordle 213 6/6

⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

So many possibilities with my first 2 letters, all wrong.

Wordle 213 4/6*

⬜🟨🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

SPORE - PRONG - PROUD
Took me a while to even find another word with those three starting letters. I guess I was lucky to have eliminated so many possibilities with the incorrect letters in my initial few guesses.

Wordle 213 3/6*

⬛🟦⬛⬛⬛
🟦🟦⬛⬛⬛
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

JOUST
OXIDE
PROXY

Wordle 213 4/6*

🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Could have been three, but I figured that nah, they wouldn’t. Then I thought: of course they will!

Thought I was going to fail today!

Wordle 213 6/6*

⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Another 4.

Wordle 213 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Are you testing for unlikely letters?

Wordle 213 6/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Geez!

ASIDE
FRONT
GROUP
PROWL
PROMO
PROXY
I am not good at guessing which words might or might not get used. After guess 3, I was aware of at least these three possibilities, but figures only the first two could conceivably be used.

This one got me too.

Wordle 213 X/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜

AUDIO
SHORT
BROKE
PRONG
PROWL
PROOF

I guess so, but only because I like to be playful and pick a random starting word each day.

I try to start with something that has at least one or two of the popular consonants, but actively avoid the “best” starting words if possible.

I had seen that there were some failures today, so probably did lean more towards some of the 4+ scrabble score letters

I’m not really sure what the best strategy is. I go for a starting word with the most common vowels / consonants; approaching it like breaking a simple cipher. On the one hand, that means that any unusual words are going to take 4 guesses to get. On the other, most words are going to take 4 guesses to get! I’ve had 1 @ 5, 1 @ 3, the rest all 4.

I think it’s more fun to play if you don’t try to have a “best strategy”. I’d guess that something like RATIO is an “optimal” starting word (3 vowels, 2 1-point scrabble consonants), but I find it more fun to start from somewhere as random as possible so that each day is a doubly-different puzzle (random start AND end!)

I’d also argue that “four is where the fun is” 😁

I failed.

Wordle 213 X/6*

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜