Wordle: Everyone is Suddenly Playing It

Wordle 213 4/6*

🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Could have been three, but I figured that nah, they wouldn’t. Then I thought: of course they will!

Thought I was going to fail today!

Wordle 213 6/6*

⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Another 4.

Wordle 213 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Are you testing for unlikely letters?

Wordle 213 6/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Geez!

ASIDE
FRONT
GROUP
PROWL
PROMO
PROXY
I am not good at guessing which words might or might not get used. After guess 3, I was aware of at least these three possibilities, but figures only the first two could conceivably be used.

This one got me too.

Wordle 213 X/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜

AUDIO
SHORT
BROKE
PRONG
PROWL
PROOF

I guess so, but only because I like to be playful and pick a random starting word each day.

I try to start with something that has at least one or two of the popular consonants, but actively avoid the β€œbest” starting words if possible.

I had seen that there were some failures today, so probably did lean more towards some of the 4+ scrabble score letters

I’m not really sure what the best strategy is. I go for a starting word with the most common vowels / consonants; approaching it like breaking a simple cipher. On the one hand, that means that any unusual words are going to take 4 guesses to get. On the other, most words are going to take 4 guesses to get! I’ve had 1 @ 5, 1 @ 3, the rest all 4.

I think it’s more fun to play if you don’t try to have a β€œbest strategy”. I’d guess that something like RATIO is an β€œoptimal” starting word (3 vowels, 2 1-point scrabble consonants), but I find it more fun to start from somewhere as random as possible so that each day is a doubly-different puzzle (random start AND end!)

I’d also argue that β€œfour is where the fun is” 😁

I failed.

Wordle 213 X/6*

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜

Wordle 213 5/6*

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I am not proud of my 4th guess, especially since if I’d thought about it longer I could have come up with the correct answer.

MOIST
POACH
PEONY
POOPY
PROXY

Ugly. Took me 5 this time. Could have had it in three but there were 3 words that fit and I guessed the right one last, naturally.

Wordle 213 5/6*

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

IRATE
CROPS
PROUD
PROOF
PROXY

Wordle 213 2/6*

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That was pretty lucky

The streak is over for me.

That word got me.

Wordle 213 4/6*

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ACRES
ROUND
BROIL
PROXY

This one was pretty satisfying to me, because all I knew for sure was β€œRO,” but I had adequately ruled out so many letters that when I thought of β€œproxy” I actually was pretty confident I had it.

I’d be done if I got any in 2!

Wordle 213 5/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Just glad to have gotten this one at all. Yikes.

Wordle 213 5/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

RATIO
BORED
CROWN
GROSS
PROXY

Much better.

Wordle 214 3/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

RATIO
MOIST
POINT

One of these days I’m getting one of these on the second try, dammit.

Gah, nearly 2. Nearly.

Wordle 214 3/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

THANE, PRINT, POINT