Wordle: Everyone is Suddenly Playing It

I deviated a bit from my usual sort of starting word. This was an absurdly fortunate decision today.

Wordle 214 2/6*

🟩🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 214 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Bit unlucky with the third guess.

Wordle 214 4/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

much like 213, luck played an inordinate part in the 4th guess.

Wordle 214 4/6

πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 214 3/6*

🟨🟩⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

TOKEN
JOINT
POINT

Wordle 214 5/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Grand Clone Bonny Mount Point

Wordle 214 3/6*

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Impressive!

Wordle 214 3/6*

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 214 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟨⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

The wide nature of the PC screen breaks the formatting, but click to see it in order.

Wordle 214 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I was worried when I got zero on my first guess, but made a quick recovery.

POUND
POINT

Wordle 214 3/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I cleverly (luckily) chose PIOUS as my second guess, so with POIT it was pretty easy.

Wordle 214 3/6*

⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

SCONE
MOUNT
POINT

I did click on it, and it looks like this:

afbeelding

but no matter how long I look at it, I don’t get it (assuming there is something to get?). Unless they mean that the German language contains longer words?

Insert image of Simpsons character Rainier Wolfcastle saying β€œThat’s the Joke” here β†’

Ah, oke. Well, maybe it’s because I’m Dutch, but I never knew that was a β€˜thing’ about the German language (lots of long words in other languages too).

Yes - the running joke in English speaking countries (going back centuries - Mark Twain made remarks about it) are about how amazingly long words can be in Germanic languages (thanks to compounding). Thus for an English game with a 5 letter limit, it amuses us to picture the German version having a dozen letters ;)

Its always just dumb luck to do it

Wordle 214 2/6*

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Haha, it was the only word I could think of that would fit and it was the right one.

Wordle 214 2/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩