β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¦πŸŸ¦πŸŸ¦
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

YEAST
FUGLY - thank you to a previous poster here who had tested this word before

Wordle 517 3/6*

πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

wow, im impressed - i thought this one would be tough, but looks like we’re weathering it ok…

it is a word from the video games oeuvre though, so maybe we’ll overindex on here

lol, ya, i think you’re right on that. The general populace on the other hand, might be much harder pressed…

Minor miracle.

Wordle 517 6/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Having said this, my mum just went and got it in three…

Going on the Wordlebot scores every day, I am just about one of the worst people at Wordle. People are doing pretty well with this one, surprisingly. NYT average is usually in the 70-80 range.

Wordle 517 5/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟨🟨⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I knew the general structure by #4, but still had a much more common word to try.

No A, E I, O, or U. Tricksy!

Wordle 517 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 517 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Man, but I’m having a hard time parsing that ratings page (probably not helped by the fact that I can’t go and see the page since paywall, but…). So skill is …solving it early? Luck is eliminating choices? Wouldn’t it be by number of entries left available? So getting it #1 when there’s 2500 possible words remaining would be 99 luck? and getting it in #5 when you’ve eliminated all but 1 possibility is 99 skill?

I always find it really interesting to see how others play and the scoring it gives. It’s worth the $4/month for a NY Times subscription (well, not really, but I enjoy it).

Scoring is based on how much info you get out of your pick. How many words you eliminate, etc. There is a break down for each word and what other people did. It can blow your scores if you do something human-like, such as maybe I already know the R is eliminated, but I pick a word with an R just because the other letters in the word help me eliminate some other info. Or if I pick a word that is not on the Wordle list, it will score low.

Here is a sample of the screen from the first word.

Wordle 517 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 517 5/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 518 3/6*

⬜⬜🟩🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 518 4/6*

⬜🟨🟩🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 518 4/6

πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

new puzzle

Wordle 519 3/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 519 5/6*

⬜⬜🟩🟨🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

When I got that first result, I knew this would be one of those…

You just needed to be bold ;)

Wordle 519 3/6*

⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩