Wordle: Everyone is Suddenly Playing It

If it really has a 2500 word vocabulary, and if you’re not looking at the answer, or using information outside the game(like other peoples responses or comments), that figures that your odds of guessing the word on the first pass are 1/2500 right? Would that be equivalent to 100 people guessing, every 25 days, one person gets it right? Or is it unrelated because every day is a new event? Hmm, or something else, because chances are 80% of us are guessing first guess with 20% of the words…hmm, that just made it interesting…who’re the stat people? We need some stat people in here, stat! lol

Guess it’s more of a question that is it a 1/2500 shot or, perhaps something considerably more likely…goes to figure that when the word rolls around to something like ratio, lots of ppl are gonna hit it :)

Wow, that did not go well. My first 5 in awhile.
Wordle 221 5/6*

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟨⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

RATIO
SLAKE
QUACK
ABACK
WHACK

That puzzle was totally __________.

Only if you know what words are in the 2500 word list, otherwise you’re drawing from a much larger pool and consequently your odds are much, much lower.

I’d forgotten about the existence of the work auger (as opposed to augur). Thanks for the reminder!

Wordle 221 4/6*

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

with about 10 minutes in between guess 3 and 4, until it suddenly whacked me

You’re welcome! Had quite a few struggles with auto-correct over this one…

Wordle 221 4/6*

⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟨🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Thane shard champ whack - thought I’d do better given a lucky strong start, but nope!

Wordle 221 2/6*

🟦🟧🟧⬛⬛
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

Fortunate.

CHASE
WHACK

Only so many letters you can put in front of HA with S and C already counted out

Wordle 221 5/6*

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Same.

Wordle 220 3/6

🟩⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

My first three

This daily word exercise is really interesting when you have English as a second language. Some days, I actually think it is an advantage (PROXY). Other days, not so much (I failed today). There is a Danish copy of the game (https://wørdle.dk/), and I solve those in a much more intuitive manner. The Danish language having three extra vowels is not making it easier though. The contrast between native and second language is much larger than I would have expected. I guess that I don’t quite have the English vocabulary that I thought I did.

This is interesting. I wonder if there is a Spanish language variant?

I’ve done the same a couple of times, so had to skip those days. I don’t know, maybe it would be a good idea if the first time someone posted a new round in the thread, they noted it was a new one just in case?

My first wordle in Español!

Wordle (ES) #20 4/6

⬜🟩⬜⬜🟨
🟨⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

There is: https://wordle.danielfrg.com/

The Welsh version (https://cyrdle.web.app/) would probably also be quite the challenge. I wonder if Welsh have 5 letter words without any vowels at all. It sure sounds like it might have.

I’ve just stopped reading this thread after about noon local time or so.

Thanks, found it!

I quickly made it a habit to solve the Wordle first, then come to this thread afterwards.

I think it has a 12000 word vocabulary - the solutions are from the pool of 2500 that Ms. Shah was familiar with.

Wordle 221 4/6*

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟨🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

irate slams charm whack

Wordle 221 3/6*

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Took me a long time to find a word that fit for that 3rd guess.

ROAST
PEACH