Wordle: Everyone is Suddenly Playing It

Wordle 209 3/6*

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Quite happy with this one. And I feel, as a non-native English speaker, that this is nice practice as well!

click the gear-thingy on the top right of the bar while composing the post…

Wordle 209 4/6*

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I looked up a word in the dictionary, and it offered me similar words. Is this cheating? Non-native speaker here … I never heared the solution word…

This may not be my jam

Wordle 209 6/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 209 4/6

🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ATONE
TRAIN
TANSY
TANGY

That took a lot of sitting and thinking. I really didn’t think they would use my third guess as their word, but it was the only thing I could think of. And then when it turned out that one letter was still wrong, my mind went blank for possibilities.

what is tangy, when is it used? Never heard or read it… Do you say: This food is tangy?

I think you want to spoiler that! But I will answer momentarily (in spoiler form)

Yes, food would often be called tangy if it had a strong, sharp flavor, like maybe in the direction of vinegar. Sauces and salad dressings might be referred to as tangy. But an smell could be called tangy, too.

Wordle 209 2/6*

🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Got lucky with the first word.

I failed :(

Wordle 209 5/6*

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

IRATE
TACKY
TALLY
TAFFY
TANGY

I probably should’ve known better than to guess two double-letter words back to back, but that was all that was coming to me in the morning, and I still had a few guesses to go. After #4, though, I REALLY had to start thinking about it.

Wordle 209 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

CLEAR
AMONG
GANGS
TANGY

Next to last was a bad guess that happened to be good.

Lucky first guess today that gave me enough info to get it in three. I might have gotten it in two if I’d thought more about what my second guess should have been.

Wordle 209 3/6*

🟩⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

TRAIN
TANGO
TANGY

Wordle 209 4/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

First day using the β€œNotes” β€œAcrid” strat.

That was a fun word, had a genuine eureka moment.

Very happy to get it in three today given the range that the 3rd world could have been.

Wordle 209 3/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

IRATE
TODAY
TANGY

Wordle 209 3/6*

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟨⬜🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

beast, grant, tangy

the second word made it really easy.

Wordle 209 6/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¦β¬›πŸŸ§
β¬›πŸŸ§β¬›πŸŸ¦πŸŸ§
πŸŸ§πŸŸ§β¬›πŸŸ¦πŸŸ§
πŸŸ§πŸŸ§πŸŸ§β¬›πŸŸ§
πŸŸ§πŸŸ§πŸŸ§β¬›πŸŸ§
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

SHADY
PARTY
TAWNY
TANTY
TANKY
TANGY

To be fair, tanty was a daft one. Is that even a word in America?

I had TAN_Y and guessed TANKY. I am an idiot.

No you’re not! If your guess is in the Wordle dictionary (and thus counts as a guess), it would have just as much likelihood (based on my understanding of this game) of being the right word.

And if your guess isn’t in the Wordle dictionary, it doesn’t count against you.

Oh, are the solutions random or curated?