Looked like a dive to me

5 mins extra.

That looked like another dive

Wasting time

Well crap, if France are going to win at least give me another Mbappe goal

Apart from the time wasting, some solid play by France the last 10 minutes

C’est fini.

Croatian président is a hottie

Anyone think the US will ever be able to do that?

Croatia would have been a worthy winner of a World Cup that saw so many of the usual suspects (Spain, Germany, Portugal, Brazil, etc.) crash out earlier than expected, but France has played a really solid tournament as well. Congrats, France!

One of the better matches and one of the more interesting tournaments.

I’ll be watching euro 2020 for sure.

USA

USA! !!!

After both semifinal games went the wrong way I lost interest. Had today’s final on in the background but turned it off with a half hour left. I guess at least we can be happy that a largely African side won.

Sure. But maybe not for a while yet. The infrastructure is building and there are strengthening under-leagues now in the US with paid professional players (not paid much, but paid) that sit below the MLS. That’s really the first step, is to continue to build out that league infrastructure and continue to raise the league profile.

…and…the NFL may be having its own issues in the next decade that might provide a windfall of athletes and interest.

Worth mentioning: more American fans watched the 2018 knockout stage matches – in a tough time zone – than watched the 2014 (Brazil, not a tough time zone) knockout stages in the US, on English language television.

That’s really something when you think about it.

The US has the population and the money to be a top Football team. Just a matter of the population actually wanting it…

The rain soaking this ceremony completely makes it interesting to watch.

Man. It’s pouring there now. Probably doesn’t matter to the players as much, but can’t imagine the country leaders are comfortable.

I can’t believe I get to be in France the year they win the World Cup and that the Tour de France is riding right past my apartment. I’ll get to watch them from my balcony.