World Cup 2018 in Russia - Live Match Commentary

Absolutely. I loved how not phased by being drenched they all were. I also really, really thought Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović was a class act. Wearing the jersey. Gracious and personable with every player. It was really a cool thing to see.

Also…Courtois with the Golden Glove! Woot! I thought it should have been him or Pickford, and that maybe Subašić had an outside chance before the match, but my son disagreed and only considered the first two.

-xtien

In other news my son just got really angry because Rooney has to wear #9 for DC United.

So…the world goes marching on.

-xtien

Kane did not win the cup, it turns out. But being on that side of the draw did let them get a lot farther than both Argentina and Portugal.

Kane has still two world cups in him but Ronaldo and Messi are done!

Kane is planning to win the 2022 World Cup though, as a Christmas Present to the newly crowned Queen Consort Catherine.

I say Christmas present because the 2022 World Cup final is on December 18th, because of course it is.

That’s a huge relief to hear. I lived 9 years in Qatar during the 80s. I never spent a single summer there, and holding a World Cup there in the summer was an insane idea. It’s actually quite nice there in November and December.

Aside from the part where it ruins the actual domestic seasons of multiple countries, I agree.

On the other hand, the players might be much fresher and less prone to injury. Could be both more entertaining to watch the WC and a subtle bonus to the domestic leagues in the following season.