World Cup 2018 in Russia - Live Match Commentary

Despite this, I still think Egypt has a good chance against Russia if they can get Salah fit by then. I worry if they can score a goal, but hopefully they’ll only need one each against Russia and the Saudis. Salah was the only Egyptian player I knew beforehand, but the GK looked great and Trezeguet was fun to watch, even if he was borderline useless with the ball.

No, there was a yellow right at the end of the game yesterday too.

Every Cup I get excited for all the great games about to happen, then the foul embellishments begin and I remember how ridiculous it all can be.

Don’t blame the players. Those snipers come out in force every four years.

Now they have video technology, play acting out diving would only get you in trouble. As a sport, fouling is a lot less destructive in soccer compared with the end of a close basketball game.

Ha, nothing will ever top the absurdity of soccer flops

Meanwhile a hockey player will get a tooth knocked out, spit it on the ice, and finish his shift. Like Duncan Teeh, I mean Keith.

Morocco and Iran about to kick off.

HOW DID MOROCCO NOT KNOCK THAT IN???

Some Keystone Kops vibe to the defending in this game so far. I love goal mouth scrambles.

Yeah, I love these scrambles at the goal mouth.

Morocco definitely seems to have more attacking so far, though the Iranians had a couple of good chances to score too. This one can really open up after someone gets the first goal, I feel.

I missed the first game this morning. I’ll watch it recorded later tonight. Of course, the commentator on this game has already spoiled for me who won that one.

That’s the second Iranian player who has taken a powerful shot right in the plums. Making me wince.

I think both teams know they have to win this game if they’re going to have a chance to do anything. A draw here probably dooms both teams, whereas a win plus a sneaky lucky draw against one of the big two may be enough.

“Fear Cuts Deeper Than Swords”

Game of Thrones reference. Drink!

It’s a good job this is an early game, because Morocco’s Amine Harit looks like his mum will call him in when it gets dark.

Morocco just dodged a massive bullet

Yes but with the video technology today the player diving would get a yellow card for simulation.

Take a look at this for an article about VAR:

Apparently today’s crowd includes about 15,000 bees.

At least it’s not Vuvuzelas, however you spell that. Those were more irritated bees.

It’s a shame that no one has scored yet. You can see the players are already slower than they were in the first half. All that energy spent for no goals yet.