World Cup 2018 - No Match Discussions

What. A. Shame.

-xtien

“Ronaldo accepts deal of 18.8 million fine and 2 year suspended jail sentence.”

After the Porto Sporting debacle and Spain firing their Coach the hits just keep on coming for this Iberian matchup today.

What happened with Porto, @Mr_Bismarck? The commentator cryptically mentioned it, but didn’t say anything else other than several players had asked to be released.

I’ll have the first stats update later this evening.

That’s supposed to say Sporting, not Porto, because it was in Lisbon, but here are some links :

Sporting Lisbon ‘condemn aggression’ after reports players were attacked.

Seven players terminate contracts after training ground attack.

There are even claims that the club President was somehow involved with instigating the attack, although those are all unconfirmed.

If all these players are just allowed to cancel their contracts and walk away then that’s a lot of talent that’s suddenly available for free this summer.

Sorry about last night everyone. I have the first standings. They include the results from the first two games that were played today. In case anyone is taping the game (I guess I should say recording, nobody tapes games anymore) I won’t post the standings in the thread until the end of the day when all games are played. Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1upheBSjU4W-yQajry_p6LBWX_2MGMupDDnx8oi7mbVU/edit#gid=917689857

I hope everyone is enjoying the tournament so far. I think there have been some pretty compelling games.

You’re this tournament’s MVP @marquac, thanks so much.

Indeed Chris, you’re our Renaldo, or whatever player you like best

It’s Ronaldo actually. Assuming you’re speaking about the Portuguese player. Named after a certain US President his father admired…

Look, can we all pretend I spoke that name, so you didn’t know I clearly had no idea how it was spelled?

Cute

Here are the standings as of the end of Saturday’s games. Because the forum software hates blank spaces my formatting is crap. My apologies.

Pool #1

#1 Dissensus 16
#2 Clay 13
#3 CraigM 13
#4 Ex-Swoo 5

Pool #2

#1 Dave Perkins 13
#2 Madmarcus 13
#3 Thraeg 13
#4 BellaConfusione 11

Pool #3

#1 Chappers 15
#2 Seppey 14
#3 ddtibbs 10
#4 ineffablebob 9

Pool #4

#1 Armando Penblade 17
#2 scottagibson 14
#3 rho21 11
#4 The Murawski Boys 10

Pool #5

#1 Lantz 13
#2 triggercut 13
#3 Rock8man 11
#4 rowe33 11

You can find the expanded standings here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1upheBSjU4W-yQajry_p6LBWX_2MGMupDDnx8oi7mbVU/edit#gid=0

Can you hear the drums Armando?

New standings, up to date with the results of today’s games. In case anyone recorded the games and still has to watch them I’ll just post a link to the standings to avoid any possible spoilers. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1upheBSjU4W-yQajry_p6LBWX_2MGMupDDnx8oi7mbVU/edit#gid=0

Brilliant!

It’s kinda funny that they kept Sonny in his regular shirt. Because seriously, there’s just no mistaking him on the field.

Wrong thread

com_A_Finnbogason_

An article about Romelu Lukaku, by Romelu Lukaku.

Very cool story. That is one determined family.