World Cup 2022

That Aus v France match was brutal to watch. 10 minutes of excitement and 80 minutes of gnashing of teeth.

I don’t think US can lock down enough to avoid giving up a goal , especially under pressure. Let the kids play and hope for the best.

Will Biden announce a holiday if the US team beat England this Friday?

Yes, many Americans will be given the entire day off regardless. :)

Croatia v Morocco has been a snore fest. The former struggle to create while the latter feck up every counter attack with ridiculously poor decision making.

Lol.

This has probably been the worst match of the World Cup. It’s like watching two Conte-managed teams play against each other. Hope Croatia goes out on the group stage.

Gonda just made up for the first half penalty he gave away.

Gonda’s save stats went from 3 to 7 in the space of about four seconds.

This game looked entirely one-way for the first half, but Japan then started to turn up the heat in the second half, adding more and more intensity and they really look like the better team right now.

But they used to be allies…

When will Germany win a World Cup game again?

Germany put on a big number nine and are lumping the ball into the box.

Real throwback stuff.

If Germany go out in the group stage in consecutive world cups…

chef’s kiss

Love that the German goalie came in. This ended up being an exciting game!

Manuel Neuer in the opponent’s penalty area in the 96th minute against an Asian team. I feel like I’ve seen this one.

This is the first time in their history that Japan have won a World Cup game after conceding the first goal.

“Why can’t Germany Beat Teams From Asia When it Really Matters?” My blog post continues after the jump…

Remember 2014? It felt like Germany was about to go on a decade-long run of domination, just like Spain had wrapped up.

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Time is a flat circle.

.gif

Germany now have lost 3 of their last 4 world cup games since winning in 2014. Probably traded their souls for that 7-1 win against Brazil and live with the curse ever since.