World Cup 2022

I’m not American my man, I just live here lol. Would like to see the US have a good tournament, would also like to see Sir Harold of Kane break Rooney’s England record so just looking forward to a good match :D

No worries!

USA applying pressure.

Yeah, drastic change from earlier where they were just sitting back and letting England wreak havoc.

Though I see the US is still terrible on anything resembling a cross.

Okay England bounce back.

And again.!!

Decent back and forth game so far, chances at both ends

The problem for the USA against any top international competition is likely to rear its head as the game progresses.

As English players tire on the pitch, they can bring on Jack Grealish and Phil Foden, etc.

USA have a starting XI that can play on the pitch with anyone for 40-60 minutes. It’s the depth where they need to do the most work before 2026.

Little chances like that are all it takes. Good save.

I was expecting another 10 minutes extra time so it is refreshing that jasnt happened.

Drink number 2 for me.

Yeah this is true but at the same time the game really seems to be growing in the US. You have more depth now than you did back in the Landon Donovan and Clint Dempsey days. And those teams had more depth than the Alexi Lalas and Roy Wegerle days.

You guys (The US) are trending in a really positive direction, with multiple players at top European clubs. A trend that I feel will continue as the popularity of soccer grows in the country.

I think England need a change of shape in the 2nd half. We need to get Bellingham and Mount on the ball more. USA first to everything in the middle of the park and that needs to change, that and be far more committed to cutting the crosses out, we look incredibly lethargic when we should be closing them down.

On the other hand we’ve shown some cutting edge going forward and look like we might score on at least one occasion

I’m hoping America is gassed now.

Im torn!

On the one hand, tense games like this are the most entertaining.

On the other hand I want England to crush like I crush walnuts.

Agreed.

Yeah also agreed.

Does my auld heart good to see that almost finished Guinness in the picture :)

Really seems as if the US decided that above all else, they wanted to deny easy possession to Bellingham.

England’s Horseshoe of Death not doing much to move the US out of position while they’re in the 4-4-2.

The three centrally for England need to cycle in and out much more quickly and in rotation to break that front three press from the US and give England the ball in the gap so they can look up.

That was a dreadful shot by McKennie, blazed it into row z

That was his moonshot lol

Sterling and Mount offering very little for England here so far, almost just going through the motions