World Of Tanks

lolwut?!

Hm, so looks like the single player campaign went up yesterday and from what I’m finding online looks like it’s console exclusive? Seems a little odd.

If the bots in WoT are like the co-op battle bots in WoWS, I’d expect the challenge level to be fairly low. In Warships, the co-op missions are pretty much laughable, except for grinding out some odd steps to special missions or what not.

I never minded premium ammo in Tanks, once you could buy it with credits. It just meant you had to make money on average, which meant it penalized poorer players. It was sort of a rich get richer thing, but given that in some cases premium ammo was less effective than non-premium ammo, and you still needed to figure out where to shoot and how to play your tank, that bit never bothered me much.

Balance in general in both games is hard to achieve given all the factors they are working with. I gave up worrying about it a long time ago.

I used premium ammo a lot in the beginning, when I was spending money anyway. Lowe anyone? Near the end I stopped because it always felt like a waste of money.

Whoa, looks like this news is a couple months old but I’m only just noticing so what the heck, I’ll put it here - a World of Tanks and Warhammer 40K collaboration? Yes please!

https://wotblitz.com/en/news/pc-browser/news/warhammer-40000/

Aw no Chad Marine flying super heavies?

If that’s just for Blitz, meh. Blitz is the mobile version, right?

I didn’t know there was a mobile version! Guess I know what I’m doing with my lunch hour.

It blows me away but you can play the mobile version (Blitz) on iPad, iPhone OR Mac at the same time. This is first class wizardry. I had WoT that i was playing over the holiday with a family member as team, and got so sick of the controls on the iPad I tried out playing it on the Macbook 12. And it worked! Bigger screen plus keyboard controls ftw. And, due to the nature of how Blitz is designed it isn’t just an instant win for keyboard/mouse players.

Blitz is a lot of fun (for what it is) but it’s nearly impossible to advance without spending cash. It’s kind of a 8on8 Team Deathmatch most of the time that only lasts a couple of minutes. Fun for a few minutes if you don’t take it seriously or invest too much thought or money into it.

World of Tanks 1.0 came out this week, which involved completely switching out the graphics(is that it?) engine. That’s enough for me to re-download the game and hop back in for awhile. I will say, it sure looks pretty. Also looks like a fair amount of new things to check out since I last dropped in.

That reminds me, I need to try out the single player missions. Anyone tried them? Any good?

I just reinstalled as well and played a couple rounds. It sounds like they are up to 30 maps now!

Is that what the campaign missions or whatever thing is? I couldn’t figure out if they were single player or just objectives I had to reach or what. I’ll probably try it out later today.

My understanding is that they created a few mini-campaigns that I made a mental note to try out, then promptly forgot. I’d be interested to hear impressions if you play them.

The campaigns consist of missions, which are objectives you need to complete in regular rounds I believe. For example, finish in top 10 players is mission 1 in the stug campaign.

So I wanted to check out this v. 1.0, and I updated WoT for the first time in ages. Took a while. When I logged in, I was greeted by a slew of spammed PM/chat windows from some power leveling group. Yay. Then, during the first battle I tried (with a low tier tank, just to see what’s up), I couldn’t get this damn pop up about changing my graphic settings to leave the screen until I not only entered the Settings menu, but went through each and every highlighted new setting and toggled it. And even then, the window announcing the ability to change my graphics still popped up and wouldn’t go away after I was killed.

To top it off, the game tells me I can’t change the gamma settings if my game resolution is set to something other than my monitor default, and I’m in full-screen mode. Well, I’m in full-screen mode and the resolution is set to my monitor default, but apparently not according to WoT. I could change the gamma by setting the game to full-screen windowed mode, but then the game switched me back to full screen anyhow.

Admittedly, the battlefields look good, there are a lot of probably cool features in the game now, and it’s certainly not shy of content, but jeez, it’s so complex, so fiddly, and so overflowing with settings, buttons, options, and crap that it’s fatiguing to even look at.

Updated and popped in. Graphics all ultra, looks great. Will be in tonight to check new stuff out.

Yeah, this is what it is. Each campaign has missions for each type of tank, and you designate a specific model for each mission. Then you just play standard missions but you have extra objectives for yourself.

Turns out I was wrong about part of how the campaign works. You pick which mission you want for each type of tank, and then that missions applies to all of your tanks of that type. I was confused because it has you pick a specific tank when selecting the missions. But yeah, nothing single player at all about it.

We aren’t talking about the same thing then, because I’m looking for info about the single player campaign that was evidently added last year: