World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth

Interesting.

I would hope Blizzard is very conservative on Classic, especially since community is a big draw. The layering approach seems to make sense, and given layering is turned off as phases unlock it should be ok.

I also hope Blizzard has talked to their friends in other development houses about how populations on classic servers have evolved over time. While nothing official will ever be discussed, I am sure people know people who work at Turbine at all to at least get a feel.

Bal should I just transfer to Stormrage and suck it up? Plus – if you play WOW classic ….I may even start a new rogue… God how that would be true work.

It took me a long time to level in vanilla but I solo’d most of the time. I wonder if you group a lot and run dungeons if it goes faster?

Is this the WoW Classic topic? Because I’m so in.

Hell yeah it takes forever to level. That’s the point. If I wanted to blitz to cap and slurp the evenly distributed sugar water of the dungeon->heroic->fancy->fabulous (or whatever the tiers are called these days) grind while “grouping” with the faceless automata served up by cross-universe magical dungeon queues, I’d play retail.

I’ma get me some bear asses, y’all.

Yes, it does. Back then Dungeons were the most efficient way to level. Plus, you may need to once you hit certain levels. XP from quests alone can get mighty thin in a few level ranges (30-40 is one of those. Duskwallow Marsh back then was nothing like it is today).

Mark if I get into Warcraft: legendary I will be screaming for help here. And yes, I think groups will help us level. I mean even deadmines will require us to group. Seems kinda fun now that I think on it.

Adam it is turned into it atm, We will be leveling in vanilla once again!

Yes, we probably all should.

I will probably re-level Bellwhip (pictured at left). Old model gnomes were cute. They smiled. :(

Here we go, Beta Bellwhip, circa 2004.

Just got into the WoW classic beta. Leveled a hunter to 4. It seems, yeah, pretty much like 2004. Not really my cup of tea.

If we think we can get a guild going I’m in. It would be nice if we could try to pick one night a week for a few hours of grouping. Anyway, we can see who is interested as it gets closer.

This is making me want to fire up WoW again and level a free character up to 20, ha ha.

That would take you like 20 minutes. Classic is a very different experience. Hunters don’t get pets until 10, you can’t use your bow in melee range, need to save up to train abilities, etc.

Do you have an active WoW account? Mine is inactive.

I remember that. In PvP you always wanted to get next to the hunter. The hunter had to use traps and disengage. Plus, hunters pissed off other classes by rolling need on melee weapons to get the stats!

Also, ammo. You could run out! And if you didn’t feed your pet I think it might run away!

As someone who mained hunter since launch, I had my fair share of rogues and warriors rolling on agility bows and guns as stat sticks as well. (I personally never rolled need on a melee weapon if there was a class in the group that it was better suited for.)

Did they revive cosmos ui and thottbot?

Dunno about Thottbot, but Wowhead already has a Classic WoW database.

Apparently the modding API is the same as retail but with some (TBD) elements restricted so as not to go against the “spirit of classic”.

I wonder if that means the quest helper add-ons will be restricted? I remember first using that add-on. It was very nice.

I desperately hope so. Even the minor barrier of “alt-tab to wowhead” or whatever site du jour is enough to keep me in the world rather than just following the giant glowing arrow that points me toward the next drop of sugar water.

I’ve already leveled. I don’t have any intention of rushing to 60 so I can get mad at idiots standing in the fire. I mean, I’ll get there, but I do plan to smell the flowers along the way.

That’s how I feel. In current WoW I do like to enjoy the new content, but I’m still a bit focused on hitting the level cap so I can have fun in the BGs. Even the idea of getting gear in current WoW seems a bit pointless since I know my stuff will be outdated when new content is added.

In classic I just want to have fun along the way. I will look forward to AV at 60 because I enjoyed those epic slogs. It’s was fun triggering the various NPCs like the wolf-riders, the giant ice dude, etc.

But really, it will be weird to hit 60 in classic because there’s no new content coming unless Blizzard surprises us and adds some new stuff at some point. There will be a bit of a gear chase but that’s somewhat limited.