World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth

I logged on long enough yesterday to discover many portals to cities and continents have been removed from Pandaria, Draenor, and Legion content “To make the world larger.” There are some new portals in Orgrimmar (and Stormwind, I assume) to replace at least some of them.

I logged on and played through the intro battle. It was annoying my level 110 didn’t get any XP for it. It was boring stuff. Just pour on DPS on a bunch of targets, over and over, interrupted by cinematic cut-scenes. I don’t even know why they are fighting.

So I switched to a level 108 demon hunter and played it for a bit, gratified that at least I was getting XP.

I see that they are bringing back Wintergrasp. That could be enough to get me to come back. I could see playing the new content to 120 and then enjoying Wintergrasp and other BGs a few times a week.

I’m fairly sure at this point I’ll never play a Blizzard game again.

I think the last Blizzard release I really enjoyed was Burning Crusade. Unfortunately, I think I might be there with you. It’s kind of painful because Blizzard games used to be really special to me. Diablo 1 and 2 and the Warcraft/Starcraft games are some of the highest points in gaming for me, but whatever magic they had just isn’t there anymore (or I’ve capped my resist to it). I tried Battle for Azeroth for a bit but I faded out after a couple weeks.

The only two expansions I didn’t really enjoy were Cata and WoD. If I mained Alliance through WoD I might have enjoyed it better. The horde spikes really got to me after a while.

I enjoy BfA, but WoW for me these days is a complete leisure activity. I don’t raid. I just log on and either do the latest story, or just casually level some alts.

153 posts were merged into an existing topic: World of Warcraft Classic

38 posts were merged into an existing topic: World of Warcraft Classic

Moved a bunch of posts to the WoW Classic topic, please follow-up there.

I had one of those “I love the players (not)” moments. Doing a heroic island for the weekly. No one wanted to lead so I ran around killing shit. I am at 385 hunter and can pretty much solo anything.

We aren’t doing too good. Down about 1500.

This one guy starts in with the whole, “get over by us. You are a horrid player.” etc. So I go over. Same thing, they are all looking like “well, now what?” so I go kill more shit. He starts in with the, “just delete your account. We are going to lose because of you.”

Naturally, we won.

It did make me wonder though why the hell I play. The rewards just aren’t there anymore. I don’t even think the island weekly gives me much.

Those assholes are the worst. There is nothing worse than your own teammates in an online game if they’re randos. That’s why I stopped playing HOTS.

If we were competing against other players, I can see a little attitude. Or if the rewards for losing were greater.

Thankfully, I don’t run into it a lot.

At 385 ilevel there’s tons of content that is relevant to you for gear, but Island Expeditions are not it. Those are strictly for AP grinding. I’d suggest doing your 4 heroic islands for the rewards then be done with it.

But you should try to hop into heroic Battle for Dazor’alor for 400 gear, and Mythic+ 10s give 400 as well now, plus a 410 in your weekly cache.

Not to mention the first boss in BoD is very simple on mythic so you can get some 415 gear.

I’ve maxed out my Heart of Azeroth at 50 and killed the first 3 bosses of BoD in mythic and have a 418 ilevel, so you have plenty of content to hop into.

And 8.2 will be out in a few weeks, so that’s even more stuff to do, including getting flying.

I need to get into a better guild since I have no desire to PUG any of that. My Alliance guild is sorta active, but my horde guild is dead. The whole horde server is dead.

Oh God I resubbed and ordered bfa

I haven’t logged in since “the incident.” Some if it is life, some of it is feeling disenfranchised, and some of it just trying to be more intentional in my time.

That said, 8.2 releases June 25th and I will work on flying et al starting Tuesday.

What incident? Did you poop your pants?

From up in the thread:

"I had one of those “I love the players (not)” moments. Doing a heroic island for the weekly. No one wanted to lead so I ran around killing shit. I am at 385 hunter and can pretty much solo anything.

We aren’t doing too good. Down about 1500.

This one guy starts in with the whole, “get over by us. You are a horrid player.” etc. So I go over. Same thing, they are all looking like “well, now what?” so I go kill more shit. He starts in with the, “just delete your account. We are going to lose because of you.”

Naturally, we won.

It did make me wonder though why the hell I play. The rewards just aren’t there anymore. I don’t even think the island weekly gives me much."

Stuff like that has led me to avoid situations where my good time is dependent on the good will or competence of others.

Yet I stay subscribed.

I am ok with treating WoW as a single-player game, and running the LFR to progress the story.

Patch 8.2 drops today. This is their first big patch where they attempt to really address the many issues with the expansion. It has a new island to explore, Nazjatar, that’s similar to the Broken Shore from Legion. It has a new mythic-only dungeon, Mechagon, that’s similar to Karazhan from Legion.

They’re desperately trying to fix the terrible Heart of Azeroth mechanic in this patch, but I haven’t cared enough to look into it.

But the big thing I care about, is that this patch finally unlocks FLYING. Looks like all you need is to get to Revered with the two new factions… plus the first Pathfinder achievement, of course.

Here’s the promo video.