World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth

Area52 is a good choice for a horde server. Highly populated, good mix of casual and progression-style guilds to suit whatever you are after.

Yeah, my gut feeling is this is where I am going to end up. I’d move now but I don’t see where being in a guild gets me anything before BofA launches, and avoiding the queues would be good.

There are rumors of more connected realms, so if AD connects to Wyrmrest that wouldn’t suck either.

I’ve been leaving profs and the like on my Alliance hunter. Given all the rep stuff now for flying, I am almost tempted to level the alliance human first for the diplomacy buff.

So 8.0 has launched and it has the snazzy new Communities feature, which is basically Blizzard’s attempt to mimic Discord. Would people be interested in a Qt3 Community? I’d be happy to set it up?

It’s basically a non-guild group that people can join and chat in or use to form groups for various things. Not bound by server or even alliance/horde.

I would join this.

I am also having an issue with my Mac after this patch. When I use my external monitor, I get polygons all over the place and it hard locks after a few seconds. Running in windowed mode solves this.

OK, community added.

Click here to join! This link should not expire and it’s good for 50 uses.

Done did. I am Multipass!

I will join up once I am home tonight!

On as alliance druid under mobius42. Wonder if I will last longer than a month this time.

I’m in, but, man, it looks terrible. Like worse than time-travelling-orcs terrible. But how it looks has little to do with how fun it ends up being.

Unless it ends up being much better than it looks they’re going to lose WoD-level subs.

I’m curious to see how warfronts work out. I’ve been trying to do the legionfall and argus bits as I haven’t played since about a month in.

Did some invasion points tonight. I think that is the 1st time I’ve used the custom pre-made group finder, and it worked great. Did 3 to finish a quest, and then was in a greater invasion point as the group was getting together my internet died for the 1st time in quite a while. So didn’t get to take part in that. Hopefully will get through one tomorrow.

The greater invasion has the boss that drops the good loot.

I think the stories – especially the return of Jaina – will be the best we have seen in a while.

But yeah, WoD is low on the list of expansions for me. Slightly above Cata, which is dead last.

Do you automatically get the drop, or do you need to loot the boss?

Edit: figured it out, I only received argunite and sargerite for my rewards.

How is there not more talk about the pre-expansion stuff? Even if you don’t play WoW, the lore events here are nuts.

Love the song they did in the Jaina one. Between this and the song in the Warframe Fortuna preview, songs are the new battleground for trailers over graphics/explosions/whatever.

Eh, the hype just isn’t there for me. Although I do love all the Horde players losing their shit over Sylvanas. Newsflash Hordies – you were always the bad guys.

If this expansion has Sylvanus as a raid boss, I will be disappointed.

I’m digging that territory is changing hands – well, changing at least – but if this is another “mutiny in the horde” expansion I will feel like we just did that in Pandaria.

I really love the art style of those first two, I wish they would do more of this stuff. I appreciate what went into the 3rd one, but there is really something to the ‘less is more’ aesthetic. I so often find this true in games as well, games that come close to being “realistic” rarely tend to grab me the way that more stylized offerings do. I’m sure it has everything to do with escapism, and letting your imagination fill in some of the blanks.