World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth

Yes but who is the strong alliance? Jaina in her boat with a sweet dirge? Or that Boy-king? I dunno. I have to run a raiding guild here soon. I need motivation!

I haven’t really played the WarCraft games since WarCraft 3 and expansion, but I liked those videos. Is there a way to catch up on all the story developments? (I did go and read the descriptions of the updates on the Blizzard page, and maybe that’s all there is to it, but it was a bit difficult to keep track of the regions/continents and who was on which side).

This guy creates a ton of lore videos, here’s one that gets you up to 2014 -

Edit - er, well, this it the entire history of Warcraft, not just WoW. WoW starts around 23:10.

Smoothest MMO expansion launch ever?

Apparently some authentication issues, but it has been smooth for me. Legion went smoothly for me as well.

Almost like they know what they are doing after 14 years ;)

Boralus is the best city yet made. Love it. As a staunch dwarf-only player, I can’t wait to make a KT druid. And maybe a rogue.

EDIT: bwahaha, and the servers took a dive right after writing this.

I liked the Alliance intro better than the Horde one. Most my my 110s are Horde, but thinking of going Alliance this time around.

I liked the city as well. It was nice of them to give a little tour at the beginning.

So, to unlock flying pt 1 you need to do all the quests for both sides, correct?

I’m pretty sure they said you don’t need to do that, @Mark_Crump.

Having spent many hours in Boralus, I’m not quite so sold on it anymore. The Alliance ship that you have to go on 20 times a day is annoying to get on. Also, that back wall by the Alliance ship? There’s no way to get to the Ashvane Docks. It’s a solid wall allll the way down. wtf?

Also, a cool tech they introduced in Legion was that wandering NPCs in Dalaran would walk around you. They removed that for Boralus.

I’m generally enjoying the expansion for now.

No, you have to do the pathfinder achievements.

What threw a lot of people was “Complete the following Kul Tiras and Zandalar acheivements,” but it looks like it is just the exploration achieves for Zandalar.

Overall, I like the expansion also, but how that ship is placed is tough to find and get on to. I like the Alliance city, but yeah, the city is tough to get around.

I ended up going Alliance this expac because I like the Jaina story and I am not thrilled with Trolls in Warcraft. I will level a horde toon to see the story, though.

What surprised me so far, is that you have to clear a mythic dungeon to complete the Jaina storyline (Siege of Boralus).

I hate that crap.

The regular dungeons have been facerolls so far, with the exception of 1 or 2 fights in Shrine of the Storm. I still haven’t tried Heroic so maybe it won’t be too bad, but this is the first time I’ve really done dungeons especially at the start of an expansion.

Apparently, there is a ladder onto the ship. Use that instead.

I see why Blizzard is so anti-flight. Boralus is amazingly huge feeling when first learning how to get around it. Suramar was equally impressive, but it was just for questing in - so not quite the same as having it be the main home city. Flying out of the gate would certain hamper that feeling of size. I had to ask a guard how to get back to the Inn :P

If they adjusted the platform you could jump to it reliably which would help a ton.

Or you know if the ropes on the gangplank didn’t have hit boxes that tossed you into the ocean if you got a lag spike (which is likely with like 30 people afking on the ship at all times).

I find myself in the anti-flying camp, but I think how they did it in Legion is fine. By the time you have unlocked it, you have trivialized all the content anyway. Of course, the last zone they unlock never has flying enabled so that is just a final f-u. That said, if Blizzard doesn’t like flying, at this point I think they should just rip off the bandaid and next expansion from the begining just say, “no flying.” I think they tried that with WoD but the backlash was intense.

I didn’t like WoD’s unlock. I gave up finding all the treasured.

They take out flying and I’m done. Every fucking time I find a tiny little ledge I can’t get up on and I have ride 100’ feet down just to get up and then ride the 100’ feet back I nearly have an aneurysm of rage.

They should probably stop selling flying mounts for $25 to $30 a pop if they do that. Sends a mixed message in the age of radically curtailed flying as it is.