World of Warcraft Classic

the game? or the guild?

Left the guild for a raid guild, but some have probably had their fun and left the game. I don’t have a scorecard.

I talked to bal and Mark – I left to join a lower level leveling guild. Seem like nice people. Goofy but…

I have no problem with Wanderers wanting to get down to serious business. When I was there listening to guild chat it was clear some had very good ability to level fast and get to 60 and be ready for serious stuff. Sadly others can’t be there that fast.

(yeah this new guild is super goofy – one thing about wanderers – they were straight up nice people)

Yeah this whole thing was handled poorly by the Wanderers leadership. The reality is, the Wanderers as it is now is still a perfectly good leveling guild, but the sudden departures have left a bad taste in the mouths of many players.

My long term plan remains to play my mage, in the Wanderers, and do as much pre-Raid stuff as we can. I also moved my Hunter over to the raid guild to sample the raiding stuff on an opportunistic basis.

Basically, once I saw the guild leadership starting constantly talking about BIS this and that (stands for “best in slot” a very checklist min/max approach to gear), I got a bad feeling. We needed patience and leadership to handle the transition from leveling to some players hitting max and I feel we didn’t get it.

In theory, I have a solid plan: focus on the mage, play the hunter as opportunity arises for raiding, but I have to say my overall enthusiasm has also crashed. The Wanderers is/was cool for the fun guild chat and semi-frequent grouping. Hopefully, the Wanderers can regroup but losing folks like Kristi etc. is a problem.

I’m mostly amused that this happened like the day I made the decision to cancel and not really play any more (the day after my sub renewed, naturally).

Pretty bad job by leadership. It’s not fuckin’ rocket surgery to have a guild alliance that organizes raids on a shared Discord or in-game channel or whatever. So geht’s, I suppose.

The same thing happened to my guild on Grobbulus: A bunch of people hit 60 within two weeks of launch, then they all quite en-masse to join a raid guild. That wrecked my guild, and I’ve since re-rolled to Bloodsail Buccaneers (I don’t really like PvP servers).

It’s common. People level at different paces, and those near the cap tend to have a highly competitive, go-go-go attitude that values fast progression over anything else. Honestly, unless it’s a small guild of friends, I think it’s best to wait until 50+ to look for a guild.

See, I thought that’s what Wanderers was.

I wasn’t trying to imply anything about your guild, sorry :) I’m not even on that server. I’m just making a general statement that leveling guilds seem to fracture when a big group hits 60 and decides that waiting two or three more weeks for everyone to catch up is unpalatable.

Yeah, that is a really tough situation at times. It was hard enough to keep people together when I ran a guild during the early years of EQ. At least back then we would hold onto people for 3-6 months as they leveled, or even a year, before they moved on to raid guilds. Now it can happen in weeks.

We used to be successful at being a feeder guild that way and would meet lots of great folks that socialized and leveled up with us. Some would stay at higher levels and many would move on to raid guilds. It could work well back then as we were strong enough to knock out some epic step fights along the way so sometimes people would call on us for help to get them through steps along the way and then turn around and offer some of us a chance to join in on their raid nights. Of course people were much more patient back then and it was a different time.

I still hope to find the drive to jump back in and level up, but for now I will just stay in Wanderers and play with my wife until we get to where we can do group content and see where people are.

Yeah, wanderers are a small group of friends, been playing together for 20 years. The wow leaders have been part of that but mostly on the wow side and they had a huge raid that stuck together for years. i think they want to get back to that asap, which i understand.

I wasnt active in wow the first go around, but am here now. Starglide (aka Hamlet) and i have both been wanders forever and are officers now so that we can handle guild management. We arent going anywhere.

I see us doing 5 man content, pvp, and casual raids with other medium sized guilds. Doubt we end up doing hardcore raid progression. Oh, and lots of alts :)

Kristi, please feel free to group with us or ask for help anytime. We have a channel to help the current and former wanderers stay in touch for chat, dungeons, whatever, just type /join Wanderers

Looking for over an hour for a tank for a 5-man dungeon run sucks. Sucks worse when what you end up with uses 2H instead of sword-and-board and gets shredded by elites and bosses but blames the me,the healer. Or doesn’t feel like using battle shout when healer gets aggro from previously-noted over healing.

Uh ok. I have a new guild now and am running regularly. I am not sure about the Wanderers’ and their politics. I appreciate the invite though.

As a side note Markol – mark ashers priest is level 43. Anyone on mankrik that needs him should ask politely. Did a rfd with him yesterday and no one even saw their health drop.

Dire Maul announced for next Tuesday.

This still works in Classic:

My warrior is only 51 but it’s very hard to AOE agro when DPS are overzealous.

I’m not saying wait 5 seconds before letting loose, but in a typical PUG the rogue is hitting one mob, the mage is AOEing, and the hunter is attacking the non-marked mobs. All within 1 second of contact when you don’t have any rage.

Going into dungeons slightly over level when you can charge in instead of LOS pulling, because at least you have that half second of rage generation before the dummies start letting loose.

I rarely tank in pugs anymore, I will put up with that if friends benefit from the dungeon run, otherwise blah.

If you are still dagger rogue I suggest go to combat daggers for blade fury if you haven’t. It lets you survive double pulls. I swapped at 50. I should have done so earlier.

Tanking in WoW in general was always pretty frustrating in pugs, but it’s especially so in classic, as there are no easy mode AOE tools like there are in later versions. Classic is almost entirely about DPS learning to manage agro, which almost no one seems to get lol.

In retail, you have the tools to pretty much power through bad DPS, not so in classic, you really can’t save people from themselves.

TY wise. I actually have two rogues at around 43-44 - experimenting with swords and daggers.

I appreciate the advice. I’ve played a rogue for 13 years off and on in various expansions.

Though its been a wake up call in classic. But I think I can figure it out.

Two?! That’s not what they normally mean by dual wield.

Does anyone know how they ran the pirate private servers? Did the server software get exfiltrated? Or they reverse-engineered the client assets and made server emulators?