World of Warcraft Classic

Running a guild is tough, it takes a ton of time, and someone that is constantly active in acquiring and maintaining members. I actually tried to get into Wanderers for 3 days, and could never find anyone to guild me lol.

I doubt it. It may get better when everyone is at 60. It would be easier to get 5-mans together. Who knows, though?

My internet at home is out so I’m off for the next couple of days until the new modem arrives – using my phone right now for internet.

Hmm I think I had a post that I thought was here … removed? Maybe ill check elsewhere and just see if I am wrong…

Oh Hi Mark! Yeah any of you in Wanderers that want to come over to another guild holler at me… they aren’t terrible, there are a lot on, and they seem nice. I dunno who can tell? I run dungeons with them alla time.
“Anarchy” is the guild name == which immediately makes me wonder frankly.

Ok I just checked to see where my earlier post about the Hong kong protests in this thread was. I cannot find it. I’d like to know what moderator removed that post. And before you tell me who it was that infuriates me to the nth degree if it happened.

I remember seeing your post in the Blizzard Hong Kong thread, perhaps it was moved unless you also posted there on purpose.

Thx Juril I see that … I was setting up to be very grumpy about that… but yeah its the other thread. Ty again.

I’ve been off the last few days for family reasons, but will be back, and can invite to guild.

I completed my Epic mount quest on my Paladin! In a pug. It was a nightmare. We wiped during the event, but had a SS up so we were able to recover… but the warlock zoned in. Then the mage died… and also zoned in. We had to three-man the final boss.

Question: Is classic a separate SKU/account or will a normal account allow someone to roll a toon in Classic? Sure sounds like the client would be an issue if not.

Asking for a friend.

Classic and retail both connect to the same account. You must have a retail subscription to play Classic, which appears as a separate game in your blizz loader.

Noted. Which server/faction are you guys on, Gordon?

The Wanderers (and ex-Wanderers) are on Mankrik Alliance. It’s a PVE server.

Noted. Still not sure if my friend is going to lean towards Classic or Full. I’ll find out soon enough.

I’m definitely still around. Things fell apart from my perspective the first day migrating to the other guild for raiding came up.

Seemed like the next day we were down to only 12 or so on at a time and it has dwindled since.

No one is actively recruiting at all (which is fine) and that needs to happen to have a healthy guild pop IMO.

Difficult to recruit strangers when the guild doesn’t seem to have the critical mass to run dungeons.

Yeah, we quickly went from having 20 people to having 6-8. Still, we have a decent core to run dungeons when people are at high level, and I don’t doubt that the folks with mains in OSR would be happy to run dungeons with us when they aren’t actively raiding. Have to work on the recruiting thing, which does not come naturally to me, as I find it annoying to get guild invite spam, so I expect it to annoy other people to get guild invite spam.

Back in vanilla, the old QT3 guild got down to 6-8 folks by level 60 but we actually kept on playing for a long time after that, a year or more, basically individually playing when we wanted and also getting together once or twice a week to run dungeons. For a long time we had a standing “Sunday Afternoon Dungeon Run” going.

In my view, that’s the type of thing we should try to sustain with the Wanderers; it’s doable and can be a lot of fun. Doesn’t have to be Sunday afternoon specifically, and right now our levels are too spread out but I think even with lower numbers, we can still have some fun, if we organize a few times when enough will be available to run dungeons.

I had reached level 60 and was already endlessly grinding the level 60 dungeons (and BRD) for “Best In Slot” items which is now a compulsive mantra to most WoW Classic players because all the items and data have been datamined and compared already. I remember being blissfully unaware of BiS and insisting on wearing RP-class-appropriate plate armour for my paladin in vanilla.

Now? I was a hobo mixture of mail, cloth and leather. My guild was mostly friendly but prepping for raids (MC, Ony) still was a lot of prep (fire resist flasks, potions, consumables etc.) and drama+angst (DKP is back!) arising out of who got to be main-tank/off-tank etc. Many otherwise nice people who I leveled with left because they did not get the 1 maintank role for the raids.

Were it not for the Blitzchung thing I would happily have leveled at least 2 toons to 60 and then probably at least run some 60 dungeons. I mean there’s always a thing with an MMO – what do you do next? A classic single player CRPG, you can play it, win it, bask in the nostalgia and then move on. An MMO is like a shark, it needs to keep moving forward, but if it does past a certain point it ceases to be classic. Some of the hardest of the hardcore are OK with this; dunno about others.

I consider it a win if I can get several hundred hours of good gameplay out of a game, but I’m sure Blizzard sees it differently.

I will hit 60 and run some 60 content and be done, I think. I may come back if Blizzard does anything interesting with it but I doubt I will run Burning Crusade again.