World of Warcraft: Dragonflight - 11-28-22

Which faction are folks? Once I get to 70 it might be fun to run stuff.

I’m on Horde, but if it’s instanced content, those can be cross faction anyway!

I’m Alliance. I just hit 70 the other day and I still have a lot of quests to do to finish out the main storyline. I’ve been taking my time and enjoying the scenery. This expansion really feels like WoW again and I missed it. There’s lots to do and I feel like doing it. That wasn’t the case at ALL in Shadowlands. I’m even OK risking the wrath of my wife for playing time, something that I wouldn’t thought to do in Shadowlands.

I entirely agree. For me, so far, flying is the best feature of this expansion. I’ll understand if they don’t want to replicate dragons in each coming expansion, but there’s plenty of room for variations on the flying theme. Because I command an army of gnomes, I’d love to see an expansion with Totally Safe Flying Machines. But other themes might be giant birds, magical chariots, or even some sort of Spider-Man who flies by shooting webs from his wrists. Well, maybe not the Spider-Man; no one would ever believe that.

Flying makes the game more open-form for me. Also, you can take a passenger! Lots of laughter last time I did that, because there were crash landings and angry monsters and stuff. :)

I’ve shut down WoW, and FFXIV subs. It’s not so much an indictment of either of the games, but I am way more into Simulations and other games, and the $30 a month is either a DLC or game on sale.

My MMO days are behind me, I think.

In a shocking turn of events, Blizzard announced regular updates for 2023, with a road map! Between Dragonflight being fun, and this, I feel hopeful about the future of the game.

6 months between content patches seems not great.

It seems like they’re not going for three tiers, is what it seems like. Still, providing a roadmap is a good thing.

Wonder what a MEGA dungeon will be.

Are you saying you don’t know what a mega dungeon is, or are you wondering what it will be in Dragonflight?

I’ve played WOW for 15 years and never heard of a Mega Dungeon before, at least not heard that term…thought it was something new. I only SOLO old dungeons, or run around with my kid leveling up in new expansions…

It’s a bigass dungeon. They’ve done several before, the karazhan revamp, the robot dungeon in BFA, and the broker city in Shadowlands. Typically starts as mythic only, then the next patch they split it in half and offer heroic modes too. So far they’ve all been excellent high-quality content (that I didn’t do, because I quit after leveling and finishing the single-player stuff.)

Ah ok…thanks.

This seems to be more info than they typically reveal (and potentially more content, too?). The WoW reddit seemed ecstatic with this. And WoW reddit is one of those ‘biggest haters of the game’ areas, or so it seems. I’ve been out long enough that I don’t know what’s good and bad anymore, but seeing actual optimism from the community is… infectious.

Flying around in first person, with a fully upgraded dragon is almost a game by itself. I’ve spent hours just flying around exploring, it’s really fun.

In vanilla and TBC we just called those “dungeons”

No, they were all based on the original karazhan, which was in TBC, if that gives you any sense of what mega means.

BRD was the only classic Dungeon that was mega Dungeon in size

Well, technically Maraudon and BRS also, if you consider that most people only did part of the instance in a single run.

True enough