World of Warcraft: Dragonflight - 11-28-22

Pre-patch drops today featuring the new talent trees and that’s about it. I expect most specs to be woefully underpowered compared to where they were yesterday as Blizz trots out their usual excuse that everything is balanced for level 70.

I know I’m just a grumpy old man at this point, but I thought this video was quite shit. An ancient enemy has returned, yet again… Also half the video is dedicated to trying to explain the terrible proto-dragon concept that was introduced in Wrath.

Protodrakes are terrible…ly awesome, you mean!

Sure! Just call them drakes and boom, problem solved.

Blizzard instead said they were the predecessors to dragons which fucks up everything.

Well, yeah. But at least you got to punch him in the nose.

New Dragonflight Cinematic out today with the new pre-patch launching after maintenance.

New Hero class and race, the Dracthyr Evoker available today

It’s pretty cool, as are most of their cinematics. Definitely worth a watch even if you don’t play.

Female Dwarf representation!

Dracthyr are fun. I’m pretty butthurt that today’s patch broke every addon, again. It was expected for 10.0.0. It should not have happened again for 10.0.2.

E - I like how dracthyr can switch back to human form automatically after combat ends if they want. It’s a nice touch.

“dragon riding is the best new WoW feature in 20 years”

is an effective summary of how the product has gone down the drain.

That, and the average youtuber losing the last tiny amount of integrity and crowding the internet with more useless advertising spam.

Somebody’s got a case of the Mondays!

Must give a medal to who thought of a disabled dragon that cannot flap its wing so they could copy Breath of the Wild hover mechanics.

More seriously, there are at least two Korean MMO whose names I completely forgot, from 5-6 years ago, that had skill based flight combos that when used well could basically be endlessly refreshed (and with much better animations too).

Blizzard is still king at stealing ideas and taking credit, when most of their fans don’t play anything else.

This is one:

Best new feature of the last 50 years.

Btw, it’s perfectly fine to copy features. What is not fine is hyping it as an extraordinary one, and the best thing being offered in an expansion. Therefore: “the product has gone down the drain”

I think it’s great that you’re able to maintain a healthy perspective about the games you used to play.

Looks to be players hyping it as brand new not Actilizzard, which is pretty reasonable as I’ve never heard of those asian MMOs. They probably had two billion DAUs, but being asian grindfests, who cares?

It’s not surprising. Avid readers of his blog know he carries water for Blizzard.

If you look at the comments it’s an avalanche of people saying it’s been copied from GW2 flying mounts.

I suppose GW2 is the “first time” of the feature for most players (2017).

It’s certainly not new.

(I was just making fun of the title of that video and current trends of crap content on youtube. I have no information and therefore no opinion on this expansion pack. “The product has gone down the drain” is not about this expansion, but the objective fact that WoW has been stagnating for a very long time. Still a great game, that got worse little bit by little bit.)

I have bought every expansion since starting in WotLK, but I havent seen any reason to pay for this one after shadowlands left me cold. Classic WoW scratches the itch nicely.

I’m In largely the same boat.

I didn’t realize how much I hated Shadowlands until I had to get the last 2 levels on my Horde toon. She had done all the expansions except Shadowlands so I don’t think I can Chromie time it.

I look at having bought Vicky 3, some other DLC, and all the GW2 expansions (which I haven’t done much with) and decided this one can likely wait until MS buys them and it’s on Game Pass.

I really don’t understand how anybody would find WoW fun if they aren’t in a guild doing guild things. I’ve lived through the solo experience because my longtime guild imploded after completing the first raid in Shadowlands. There’s really nothing fun to do in the game or at least fun to do that doesn’t feel like you’re going to work every day.

I’ll give the new expansion a shot and if my old guidmates return I’ll play with them while they are active. FFXIV was fun to play solo and I haven’t come close to finishing it, but what keeps me coming back to WoW are the raids, not the content, lore, etc.

WoW is fun to play solo until finishing it too, though.

Yeah that might explain why I have six level 60s now (leveled each). And I have no idea what end game FFXIV is like.

Bingo. I had so. many. alts. Because I was never much of a raider beyond LFG levels, and I suck too much for the mythic scene.