Reveal is here -
World of Warcraft: Dragonflight is WoW’s next expansion
New Race - Dracthyr
New Class - Evoker
- Dracthyr can only be Evokers and Evokers can only be Dracthyr
- 2 Specializations - Healer and Ranged DPS
- Hero Class - Starts at 58 with new starter zone
- Wears Mail Armor
- Dragonriding is a new flight system being added in Dragonflight
- You will level up this skill over time to get new animations and abilities
- The system utilizes momentum, physics, and gravity
- Dragonriding is limited to the Dragon Isles
- Dragon customizations include snout, horns, tails, armor, and more
- As you level, you get a new spell or ability that makes you stronger
- There is now a Class tree and a Spec tree
- The Class tree offers class utility and the Spec tree offers things that help you to perform your role
- You’ll be able to make your talent build, save it, name it, and load it up again later quickly
- The team wanted to allow players to customize the new UI moving things around and adjusting them to fit their needs
- Addons do a lot for player customization today, but not everyone uses addons
- The new UI is a modern take on the old one, removing the clutter and giving the player more visibility for their gameplay.
- The new minimap and health bars are larger and the action bars have less framing around them.
- You’ll be able to save layouts by spec, so that the UI will automatically change as you change specs.
- The team wants professions to be part of your identity as a player and be fun and relevant across all levels of gameplay
- The Crafting Order system is the first major update.
- If you want to have something crafted and don’t have the right profession to do it yourself, you can use a Crafting Order.
- Both Crafting and Gathering professions will now have stats.
- Crafting specializations will be the biggest input of your ability to craft higher quality items.
- There are 4 leveling zones and 1 starter zone, and ducks are finally being introduced in the game.
- The Forbidden Reach was fashioned by Neltharion the Earth-Warder to serve as a training ground for his ultimate soldiers, the Dracthyr.
- In the aftermath of a terrible battle, the island has lain dormant and abandoned for ages–until the return of an ancient enemy causes the Dracthyr to stir.
- The Dragon Isle are the broodlands for all dragonflights.
- The Sundering during the War of the Ancients split the land and caused the magic of the Dragon Isles to go dormant, causing the dragons to leave the isles.
- Much of the story will revolve around Wrathion learning to regain the power and respect of his flight. But is he the right leader to take over?
- This is an opportunity for the dragons to regain their legacy as protectors, but the players must join them to help with the challenges of the Dragon Isles.
The new talent trees look really interesting. Dragon riding seems like a stupid mini game.