World of Warcraft: Legion

So I bought the digital version a couple of weeks ago. I just logged in with my Demon Hunter and I got the quest to go to Dalaran, a new one. I had already done a Dalaran quest with Khadgar and was bound to Dalaran. Apparently there’s a second Dalaran? I recalled to the old one. Is there a portal to the new one?

There’s Dalaran in Northrend, for the Wrath content. There’s a temporary location by Karazhan for the pre-Legion quest chain. And then there is a Dalaran in the new Legion zones. I -think- Legion is considered live now so I am not sure which of those you are in. There was a portal to the temporary location in the capital cities, not sure about new Legion Dalaran.

Too many Dalarans. I think I was bound to the one from the Wrath expansion but that seems odd. I leveled so many characters to 100 I can’t remember which one I did the pre-legion quest chain with, the quest where you help Khadgar get his book.

Oh well, it will be all figured out when I get home from work tonight. I am looking forward to some new PvE content.

For Alliance, it’s inside the SW Keep. First door on the left.

Well, just got a call from someone with the new Amazon internal package service that they seem to be using more and more lately. I hope I convinced him to leave Legion because as is ever a problem with my building, he could not get in to deliver it inside and I am not home. He did not seem to be a native English speaker, so it was a bit hard to tell if I was getting through.

Edit: shows as delivered. Hooray.

For the first time in 12 years, BestBuy has decided to not carry the CE. I have never pre-ordered, I always walked into BB and picked it up.

I ordered a copy from GameStop online (stores near me only have pre-order copies). Hopefully that goes through, but I won’t be playing tonight. :(

Why not preorder? I know it’s not generally a good idea but on something you know you’re going to buy and want on release day, like expansion six for a game you’re already into, it seems like a no brainer.

As Hotfreak pointed out the portal is in SW keep, and once you are going you’ll have a hearthstone that takes you there specifically.

Hehe

Lol, I saw that earlier. So funny. Would have been interesting if they had made an “evil Spock”/anti-paladin version of the Artifact quest…

Because walking into BB at 10am and picking it up was always preferable to hoping Amazon would deliver before 5pm on release day. I guess they’ve gotten better at that recently, but in past years it was very hit or miss. And I don’t pre-order from GameStop because fuck GameStop.

Guess I’ll have little choice in the matter going forward.

Has WoW dropped off enough that they dont bother with midnight store openings any longer? I just buy the digital copies these days so no idea if that is still a thing.

BTW in response to the above --and the ease in which you get into the expansion --came on, got the quest from the elemental floating by me, went to Dal and teleported and I was on my way.

spoilery

The artifact weapons are actually relatively easy to get after an hour or so. Assassination rogue quest wasn’t bad.

So far the whole thing seems well done. Now I will start questing in the areas. Still no ah in dal~

Right. It’s “Dalaran”, not “Dahlaran”, or “Dalahran”…

You win one internet, sir.

So what was the point of upgrading the invasion weapon drops when literally the first thing you do in Legion is replace your weapon with a shiny artifact weapon that effortlessly outclasses even the most upgraded version?

I agree for the most part, but my rogue is working to get an offhand, so I can still use an invasion drop for my main hand.

Really, though, we all knew that leveling to 110, which probably won’t take too long, will replace all that invasion gear. I get caught up in grinding for upgrades even when it’s mostly pointless.

I found the Frost Mage one a little difficult, but I suck a maging. It was more the trash mobs around the things you need to activate.

The BM one was pretty easy, other than not being able to have a pet during the final battle was a little rough.

The Ret one was cake. I didn’t even die during the final fight and died once on the Jailer fight.

Well, the other gear was largely obtainable just in the course of doing one invasion in each zone, and there’s no upgrade so you aren’t really investing much effort to get a gear upgrade that at least carries into the first zone or so. To make a 725 weapon would have required actual effort. It’s weird.

I got my copy at 1:30pm on tuesday, so not too bad. Also, they asked me when I activated the key if I wanted to upgrade tot he digital deluxe edition for 20 bucks.

I am a sucker.

But, with the 'zon discount, that is 60 bucks for the game, not too bad.

Did the Assassination rogue, which according to icyveins is no longer the best spec, as Outlaw is currently OP at 110, questline. That was really cool. I am loving the order hall stuff so far. The rogue questline involved being very rogue-y. Sneaking around Stormwind, pickpocketing guards, palling around with Garona, Very cool stuff.

I have 0 other characters at 100, and I am wondering which class I should lvl100 boost? I have never had 2 max level characters before. I played hunter in Vanilla-BC, but everything is so different now.

So many choices!