World of Warcraft: Legion

Have to agree, the focus on Mythics really stinks. At least if we could just queue for the base level versions it might not be so bad. As for Suramar, I don’t think you need to do them for the quests required for Legion Pathfinder 1. You do need to kill Xavius, but that can be done in raid finder at least.

Maybe at exalted? I’m revered and only have three quests left in the zone, all for the two mythic-only dungeons.

My friend said something about a druid in the fish tank in the city, but I couldn’t find him, either.

I think you need to be either 8k or 12k into revered to get the last set of quests to start. No real rush, LFR Xavius isn’t out until next week anyway lol.

I haven’t played deeply in awhile…why are mythic dungeons so hated?

Because you can’t use the auto-grouping LookForDungeon mechanic with them but are forced to use GroupFinder instead where you run into crazy gear requirements and long waits if you’re not a tank or healer.

Not hated per se, just inconvenient. Beyond the step up in difficulty (they work like Diablo 3 greater rifts sort of) It’s basically like forming up an instance group back in vanilla. You have to form the group and go to the entrance of the dungeon. Not a huge deal, but people get REALLY picky about who they do and don’t take. So if you’re someone without a guild or friends who play, it can be a pita to get a group for one.

Aw, that’s too bad. Sounds like a good idea that (as usual) people being dicks is screwing up.

How are the dungeon queues these days? I was trying to queue up last week and it seemed like it was taking forever.

Well, I haven’t encountered the quests being complained about yet, but while it may be a good idea to have a difficulty level for 5 man dungeons that is seriously challenging and requires coordination and planned groups, it is a terrible idea to have any non-cosmetic content that requires players to interact with that difficulty. The whole point of having different difficulties in the first place is to allow people to select the experience they’re looking to have.

As DPS, most nights I have a 10-15 min queue if I’m doing a random heroic. If I go for something specific it’s a little longer. My son was finding that the queue for normal mode dungeons was actually quite a bit longer.

Yeah, I was trying to give normal a shot first to go through the dungeons, but I guess maybe I should just jump straight to heroic. Currently my ilvl is 833 just from drops and world quests.

Definitely do heroics with that gear.

Yeah I think the iLevel requirement for heroics is 810? You’ll be fine. There are some mechanics to look out for, but just taking a quick look at the dungeon journal before the boss fight usually explains things pretty well.

That’s the part I think is fine. I like a little enforced rigor. It might be time to take the Legion plunge if they’re bringing a little of that back.

Getting my pre-110 DPS in to normals is taking 60 - 90 minutes in queue. It’s insane. I’ve gotten to the point where I only queue for the dungeon when I need it to complete a zone, since you get priority queuing (usually 1 - 3 minutes) if you are on the dungeon zone quest.

As for Mythics, I’m right there with you on the frustration. What royally sucks is the mythic loot lockout, which can make it a challenge to get in with a guild group later in the week. Everyone has already run it and very few people are willing to run again with no shot at getting gear.

You’re allowed to like that, and if you do, you’re rewarded for it with better gear, achievements, and probably titles and mounts and shit like that. But I don’t, and it shouldn’t be a mandatory part of the game. Any more than PvP should be. Moreover, there is a fundamental tension between making an experience that is practically accessible to everyone and one that successfully caters to “hardcore” players, and if you try to make everyone do something while building it to cater only to the hardcore, that’s never, ever going to work and it is guaranteed to incite precisely the sort of bad behavior you’re citing as the problem. It’s a symptom, not the disease.

Which quests are those though? I haven’t run in to any of them, other than the “growing power” quest line, but my understanding is that the quest line is purely cosmetic, other than getting artifact power from some of the quests (which can be gotten easily from other means).

The quests you get from the missions seems to be based on your item level. The first 2 I got were for heroics. Now that my gear is at 843 ilvl, it’s sending me to mythics (which I haven’t done yet).

The skinning quest-line ran in to a wall for me until LFR opened up, since it wanted me to grab a skin from the dragon in Emerald Nightmare. My didn’t start raiding until the weekend before LFR opened up, and that first weekend I wasn’t able to join them.

I like to get to the cap with a character or two and then just run battlegrounds. What I don’t like is that to continue to level the artifact weapon, I have to do PvE.

Also, with additional characters I can level from 100 to 110 I am forced to do PvE to level the artifact weapon. Previously I could do some light PvE but otherwise just do BGs to level, sprinkling in a 5-man or two.

I really like a lot of the stuff in Legion, but with the run-up to the release with the demon invasion I got six characters to level 100. I wouldn’t mind getting them all to 110 but I don’t want to do PvE quests to do that, but if I don’t it looks like I will not really level my artifact weapon much.

This is the second one -

The first one took place in Mythic Eye of Azshara, the only Mythic I’ve completed.

I also got one from a class hall minion mission (Vault of Wardens Mythic) for a special loot chest (I got another one of them for Violet Hold Heroic which I completed and resulted in shit loot).

I agree with everyone that complained about Mythic dungeons being required for the story line or artifact skins.
People asking for insane ilevels for a “smooth” run.
Fuck this shit! Can’t see myself re-subbing once my play time runs out in November.