World of Warcraft: Legion

No, you don’t have to retrieve the Pillars, you have to use them in the Tomb.

I’m trying to figure out if I want to move off the dead servers I am on. I am on both Horde Argent and Alliance Steamwheedle. Argent I am unlikely to move off of. A good friend plays with me, and even though our schedules don’t line up a lot, it is nice passing her in Dalaran.

Steamwheedle I moved one toon off to Stormrage as an experiment. My brain apparently doesn’t really like having my toons split and I haven’t really leveled any of them.

I’m debating just moving all of them to Stormrage or Moonguard.

I believe many of those who post in support of Blizzard’s decisions are either fanbois, shills, or inconsiderate fools.

It’s not Legion-level scaling. What it now does is all of the mainlands are 10-60, with the starting areas 1-10. You can now skip Outland and go directly to Northrend at 60. So, at 70, you will still be able to go massacre murlocks to your heart’s content.

This is a net win since you’d get about halfway into a zone and out level it. I have a 49 warlock that I ran LFG for the entire time and didn’t have the flight paths to get to the level 40 areas. Now at least I can go back to Silverpine and level.

So now it’s like Guild Wars 2, I guess. In general I think this is a good thing, but you do miss out on that feeling of becoming more powerful as you level. You’re running back to Undercity or some place like that and running through a low-level mob area, and you can just look at a mob and it dies.

This change actually makes me more likely to resub at some point and start a new character. I haven’t played much Alliance. I might enjoy playing content that’s mostly new to me.

The one thing I will miss is soloing a high level character in a lower level 5 man dungeon and seeing how far I can get. That was challenging and fun.

It was botched up before Cat, and Heirlooms just completely screwed it up.

Oh interesting. Hadn’t heard about this, but a bit of challenge while leveling sounds pretty cool to me. I might have to burn one of my WoW tokens to check it out.

This is a matter of the best bad decision. The complaint is that people were out-leveling the zone long before they saw the conclusion to the story. I ran into this multiple times when leveling in Legion and with new characters in my last foray into WoW. It is not much fun when you abort a whole bunch of quests in a zone because they offer you no experience gain. While some people may like that, I think that most players dislike doing quests just to see the story. The general thought was that most players preferred (and Blizzard seems to agree based on this decision) to let the level scale with the player. In that way a player can continue to play through the story AND advance their character at the same time.

Also, fighting level 49 mobs with a level 50 character is not much of a challenge. You should be face-rolling those mobs 3-5 at a time even with a holy priest.

The ‘negative’ impacts of this change seem way overblown. First, it doesn’t add much challenge I’ll agree. Mobs that took 1 hit now take 2-3, so there is some increase in tedium (some classes may be more impacted - I don’t play the squishier stuff).

On the flip side, I don’t have to swap zones every 10 quests because I’ve leveled out of the area. I ran around Westfall at level 55 and gained a full level in no longer than it would have taken pre-patch (and doing it in a former level 5 or whatever zone was novel).

NOTE: I did have heirlooms. Anyone leveling an alt should. Anyone not leveling an alt should be playing the game, and should actually appreciate seeing a full zone story. I’m able to see quests now that I haven’t seen in … quite some time. I also haven’t tried dungeons - I’m personally glad that questing is back to being as good as dungeon running for leveling up.

I hope they do an event like they did prior to legion when they are getting ready for the release of the next expansion. I think I levelled 3 or 4 alts during that, plus my main character.

+1 I did the same. It was an excellent way to boost characters in preparation for the upcoming expansion.

I figured it out a bit late but I still leveled at least 2 and got a few levels on a third. It was a nice thing.

The next expansion is still pretty far out, isn’t it?

The vanilla WoW is interesting to me also. If I resub, will I be able to create a character on a vanilla server? I’d at least try it.

Based on how unfinished the expansion looked at Blizzcon, people are guessing August for the release.

The biggest tell for me that they don’t know a release date is they haven’t opened the pre-orders.

The last few expansions pre-orders with the boost opened within days of Blizzcon. Even Legion when they said Demon Hunters would be open to pre-orders “later.”

The issue I’m having now is gearing the alts I used Invasions to level. One of them is 808 now which isn’t bad. It’s the trinket and ring slots killing me. My alliance alts are all in the 6-700 iLevel. The Broken Shore invasions don’t hand out much loot, if i bring them to Argus they get spanked and the WQs don’t unlock for all toons unless I get that toon past a certain part in the Argus line. I’m either going to drop the $20 on a WoW token to gear up the alliance alts, or just not do a thing with them until next expansion.

Current internet rumor is that pre-orders will be on or around Jan 30th. The leveling changes, and recent RAF changes, seem to hint at that being a possibility (ie., they are releasing the first 4 allied races to level up as part of pre-ordering, and they want to prevent people from racing up characters in half a day).

That’s my take on it as well. There’s no point for Blizzard to cater to facerollers when it’s not that hard to do at-level combat from 21-60, especially if you have a few heirlooms. Anyone who has leveled a few alts has seen the same damn zones too many times and missed the same group of other zones because there was no point to them.

The one thing I will miss is soloing a high level character in a lower level 5 man dungeon and seeing how far I can get.

That’s my only disappointment as well, I liked extreme soloing. But then, what’s the point of timewalking if all the dungeons scale? Maybe I don’t fully understand the changes.

If they’ve made all the group content fully scale to max level, I am going to be pissed. I don’t enjoy raiding at level but going back and seeing stuff with a power differential, that’s fun. On the other hand, if it scales to a cap, like the zones do, it just makes it take a bit longer to outclass it, which is no big deal.

It doesn’t (although I will be curious to see how Legion stuff scales in BofA). Blizzard has said that soloing old content isn’t something they have a problem with.

I think it will be later, They said any linked accounts will still get the boost for RAF, so I think it will be be 91 days from the RAF announcement.

Unless there is a breadcrumb quest that you need to unlock, yes, you can.

Un’goro is 40-60.