World of Warships

The company also shits on their community helpers and content creators and is in general a rapacious bunch of bandits.

I could see that. I only played for and with my friends clan and they were a solid group of folks. Many of them also played WoT which I tend to enjoy as well. Both games do give off a great old-gamer vibe and I enjoyed the pacing of both, but being way newer than a lot of my clanmates made it a bit of a downer regarding variance.

I still enjoy it and I’m sure he will coax me back at some point, but this break has been -really- good for me enjoying other games that I pay one single time for.

I had a blast with WoT playing competitively in a clan with clan wars, but most of the group didn’t make the crossover to WoW. The group I fell in with there was small but fun for a while, then just drifted apart. I still find the basic gameplay of Warships fun, but the meta structure and community just killed it for me.

Trying to make that number bigger.

That’s great in a kamikaze. I liked mine, but for some reason it never really clicked. Maybe my captain wasn’t good, or i didn’t pick the right skills. What’s your detection range at?

Right now, the Hatsuharu/Shiratsuyu and Mutsuki are my favorites. All three are great torp destroyers with good concealment and excellent torp range. I had exclusively gone down the minekaze side of the tree, but seeing a lot of kagero and akatsuki, i figured I’d branch out and try the other side too, and it’s been great so far(though i’ve just been enjoying the mutsuki and haven’t pushed out the line further yet).

Kami detection is 5.4km as soon as you can get the four point Captain skill.

Obviously more points is better, but I’d say a Kami has 90% of its powers as soon as your Captain has ten points because you can unlock the detection skill to drop that final 10%.

The 5.4 detection and the speed her torpedoes reload make her a murderer, you just have to make sure you know which enemy DD is across from you as soon as possible, because the Kami hard-loses gunfights to a number of them, especially the new Italian Destroyers.

Some teams just don’t want to be saved.

Jesus, well for sure you played your part and the part of multiple other teammates it looks like. What the heck, were your teammates bots?

Apparently it’s becoming a theme now.

I’ve been campaigning for a special badge for Kraken-in-a-loss, but still no movement on that.

I made it to 100 Krakens!

Appropriately, it was both the Kami and a Kraken in a loss.

Grats! Now, go seek counseling. Anyone playing this game this much needs professional help! j/k

That Konigsburg wasn’t to shabby either, I’m guessing it was a duel between you both. It sucks that it was on a loss though.

My cap had four Destroyers and both Konigsbergs in it - two KBergs chaining Hydro while sat in rolling smoke from multiple Destroyers is a real pain in the ass and they hard-excluded me from the cap for the first part of the game.

With two BBs and the KBerg left I probably could have won, except I ran out of time.

Haha. If I wasn’t good at the game I probably would have quit a while ago, (or stayed quit when I gave up for a year in 2020), but because I’m happy playing solo and generally do well enough and don’t care about the premium ships or stuff I’m still having fun.

If any other dev brings out some treacle-paced non-twitch shooter that accommodates my complete lack of reflexes I’ll move over there.

I am tempted to try it again, after a year or two away, if only because I sunk so much time and effort into it for several years. But Wargaming as a company keeps reminding me why I don’t play it any more.

I have been having a whale of a time with Mechwarrior 5 on XboXx (and playing ranked tier 5 with a kamikaze)

Thoughts on War Thunder’s naval modes?

I tried World of Warships and I can’t really get into it, when compared to War Thunder.

I only dabbled in the boats in WT. Seemed more chaotic but I only was playing around with torpedo boats. WoWS seems more strategic I guess.

Well, apparently next patch brings in a battlepass that will swap out all the daily/weekly missions. I’m not sure how that’ll intersect with the existing premium, but I believe it’s additive (meaning you have your regular free battlepass, a paid battlepass that fully unlocks all the things and premium which then expands that). That’s probably the point where I uninstall.

I’m still playing atm though, largely cause i wanted to get the cdn destroyer, and also because i managed to win about 2 months of premium in supercontainers, which is just about expired now.

There are 2 boat types in War Thunder. The smaller torpedo kind and the large battleship kind.

I like that it is more of a combined arms operation, as well as how damage is modeled and how the aiming is more difficult

So now the missions give you tokens which unlock levels for the battlepass. Unless you buy the premium battlepass, you only get rewards every 2 or 3 levels it looks like. An upgraded battlepass costs about $10, and lasts…33 days? It’s kind of hard to say, it says the battlepass lasts a month and 3 days? Is that this month and 3 days? A 31 day month and 3 days? A 28 day month and 3 days? Who the fuck knows. There’s also premium pass+, which is like…2.5x the price?

Congratulations wargaming, you have officially entered fuck off territory.