World of Warships

When you click through the link the end of the URL says “whale.” (this is not a joke)

So I’m guessing even if you did have an inactive account, if you didn’t spend noteworthy amounts of money the free tier V and tier IX is not for you.

I spent some money on the game but would certainly not qualify as a “whale” when you look at something like Star Citizen where some people have spent thousands of dollars.

Anyone playing this? If so, I have a code for $75 of “in-game content” from Verizon I can pass along.

I’m still in this every day, but I have been for six years. So if there’s someone newer then give it to them, but if not then I’d be interested.

Not sure if I’m the newest but I could still use it. If I recall correctly those codes are for fixed items, but still worth it.

Check thy PMs, @Skipper.

I got carried away.

Rolled into a cap said “hi chaps” to teammates and then sank a third of the enemy team in about three and a half minutes.

“I think we’re done here!”

Driving what? Thats impressive.

All set and code accepted. Thanks again, sir!

Also @Mr_Bismarck that’s insane. Three of those on that one cap point? The hell were you shooting from and at besides the Minekaze?

I haven’t played in months, after six or so years of constant play. Wargaming’s asshattery finally drove me away for good.

I was in the Kraken machine that is the Kamikaze. I sank a Shiratsuyu, Minekaze, Dunkerque, New York and then eventually a Kongo for the Kraken award.

The Shira I didn’t even see. I could tell someone was contesting the point and I thought “If I was them I’d be about… there.” A minute later the torpedoes I dropped hit something invisible and it must have been right in the side because it was a kill from full health.

A new update for the game has decoupled ship camos and economic bonuses. This means you no longer get more money by painting your ship blue, that kind of thing.

As a result, there’s not really any point to hanging on to excess camos any more as they only change the way your ship looks, so you can sell any you have in inventory for silver credits.

War Gaming might not have thought that through.

People did a lot of work mathing-out the changes and how much money you’d make in the new system compared to the old and then camo sales made all of that not matter at all.

The next auction they run for coal containers is going to be bonkers with all this new silver sloshing around.

Do you know if that affected Legends (the console version)? There’s several differences between PC and console (which I’ve been playing recently). Camos in console as of yesterday still gave bonuses to detection and incoming dispersion.

I don’t own a console so I don’t know what the plan is for Legends, sorry.

That sounds absolutely stupid. Hell, they even made money from camo sales or inclusion of them in packs, etc. Why on earth would they do that, or more pointedly, why NOW?

Sounds like there is an ulterior motive. I’ve not played in about 3 months now, my very addicted friend is pretty pissed but I got tired of the nickel and dime repayment just to keep going.

Quick question, did they change flags/signals as well?

Signals are still the same.

They just wanted how your ship looked and how much money/xp it made to be separated. So now you have an “economic bonus” section for the ship and you can be very specific on multipliers for credits, ShipXP, FreeXP and CaptainXP, and then it doesn’t matter what camo pattern you put on because they’re now just for aesthetics.

If you told me WG didn’t really think the change through, or what it would mean for the resource gap between new and old players I wouldn’t be surprised.

I have not played in about six months maybe? Feel no desire to go back either.

In December you hadn’t played in months, so you must be at nearly a year by now.

I’m mixed about the change. In one way, it’s cleaner in that it’s way easier to tell at a glance what bonuses you’re using on a ship. On the other, it’s another menu you have to access and another screen. I’m not sure why you wouldn’t want that all on one screen, but the UI direction for the port has been shit for a very long time now (how are you even supposed to manage your captains?).

I’m still playing, but I dunno why. It’s still the same pay-to-win game it’s always been. I always laugh a bit when I’m trying to figure out why a particular build i’m trying out isn’t working and I find it’s cause I don’t have the special commander with an extra set of abilities, and who’s maxed out at level 21.

Eh, maybe i just like the pretty ships. I’ve always had an eye towards getting the iconic ships, so i was pretty happy to pick up a bismark this year(i really suck in it) and picked up an iowa in the past couple weeks. I’d love to get a hornet, but i’m not spending $50 on a ship.

I play it because in most pvp games my k/d is somewhere between 0.8 and 1 and in World of Warships it’s 2.62.

Plodding is the perfect pace for my old man reactions.

Also, I’d miss this kind of feedback.