World War Z - Saber Interactive, zombie piles

Thanks! I think I saw “focus home” on a google result, but it didn’t make any sense, so I didn’t even look at it.

Odd. I’ve come to think of Focus as the home of low budget Warhammer stuff.

So how is this? Tom briefly talked about it in a podcast but I haven’t heard much else from it.

I’m a bit hesitant to buy this. On one hand, it’s only $20 with the Epic Store ten dollar discount right now. On the other hand, it’s the Epic Store and they seem to really lag behind Steam with site layout and I’m assuming friend/invitation/chat functions.

How many people here playing it on PC?

Today’s patch notes are up:

@Infested_terran I’d says its alright, and priced more appropriately at $20. There are 4 countries to visit each with 3 missions (as of the new patch.) A play thru of all content on easy will take maybe 5-6 hours with bots. There are 5 character classes to pick from, I am playing medic right now, and I like the progression options I’ve seen so far.

I’ve completed New York, Jerusalem , and Moscow with either bots or a random internet person. Haven’t touched any of the Tokyo content yet. I am not sure how healthy the PC player base is as there are no stats anywhere to let you know how many are playing. But I didn’t have any issues finding a few randoms over the weekend. And the missions are pretty fun and diverse from one another in terms of things to do.

The true mvp of the game is the horde sizes and the zombie pyramids.
The 3rd person perspective takes getting use to , if you are coming to this from playing hundreds of hours of L4D/L4D2.

I know @tomchick and @Jason_McMaster have enjoyed it. They probably have a better understanding of how the friend integration works with this game.

As I mentioned above, I’d have no issue recommending it at $20 or less. I am just not sure I’d say its better than L4D2, which is still my personal favorite.

Friend integration works pretty much as you’d expect, i.e. you can invite Epic friends into your party and if they accept, they can join your lobby. Before this latest patch I had some issues with randoms filling up the lobby before I could get my friends invited but apparently the new patch adds private lobbies.

Ah crap. Was going to finally break down and buy it but it looks like the sale ended last week.

WTF is this bullshit? I uninstalled it and lost all my progress.

No cloud saves on EPIC store, did you back up your save before uninstalling?

No. That’s so 90s. I just assumed the Focus servers would. What a crock.

Wow that sucks, cloud saves really are a critical feature at this point.

Personally, I don’t play longer single player games without cloud save.

Eh… a harder mode added for masochists.

The patch for WWZ seems to have upped my performance. was getting 100fps in the benchmark at ultra in 1440p but now post-patch benchmark reports 140fps.

I did not see this coming.

Update 4 and 5 roadmap.

Between losing the progress twice due to no cloud saves at the time and lack of interesting modes, there hasn’t been any incentive for my gaming group to get together to play this past the 1-2 times we tried.