Worlds second craziest dictator dies

Damn, now I want Civilization 4 to bestow titles on me when I’m playing, as the undying dictactor. “Sword of the River, Possessor of the Unstoppable Liver, a granary has been completed in Paris.” I need to play that game more.

Come on. You’ve got to be a little nuts to name your newborn son “Yang”.

By command of His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, Grand Chamberlain YAM Pengiran Penggawa Laila Bentara Istiadat Diraja Dalam Istana Pengiran Hj Alauddin bin Pengiran Paduka Tuan Pengiran Hj Abu Bakar has announced that His Majesty has with great pleasure named his newborn son, Yang Teramat Mulia Paduka Seri Duli Pengiran Muda 'Abdul Wakeel ibni Kebawah Duli Yang Maha Mulia Paduka Seri Baginda Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Muizzaddin Waddaulah.

Alot of Kim Il Jongs craziness is the product of his somewhat vigourous propaganda corp and the regime in general, I can’t see him looking up from his blondes, movies and cognac to start issuing proclamtions about his golfing abilities. The Turkmenbashi had a far more personal touch to it all.

• He changed the Turkmen word for bread, and name of the month of April, to that of his late mother

• In 2004, banned news readers from wearing make-up as Niyazov had difficulty telling male and female readers apart

• Playing video games, listening to car radios, performing opera and ballet, smoking in public, and even growing facial hair have all been banned from Turkmenistan by Niyazov’s decrees. It has been speculated that the latter ban was enacted to enforce conformity of appearance, or even to compensate for Turkmenbashi’s inability to grow a beard.

Yang Di-Pertuan is a Malay title equivilent to King. All the stuff leading up to Abdul is what ever this kids title is, Prince That Is First Son Of His New Hot Young Wife And Is Destined To Become A Playboy And Own Many Ferraris or something.

“Yang” means “who is” / “that is”. “Yang Di-Pertuan” literally means “One Who is Held to be Lord”.

Yeah, seriously. He’s an awful president by US standards, but the guys we’re talking about come from a whole different universe of crazy and evil. Bush is practically a saint compared to Kim Jong Il.

This is true in a very sad way. No matter how bad we think we have it, there are levels and levels and levels of evil far worse.