Worms: Ultimate Mayhem?

I’m curious if anyone has any impressions on this new 3D Worms game that combines Worms 3D and Worms 4 Mayhem into one beefed up package. It just went live on Steam (and maybe on Xbox and PS3) for $14.99.

I’m a major Worms fanboy having logged almost 750 hours in Worms Reloaded (just broke on to the top 10 yesterday - woo!) But I’m afraid Worms without 2D is sacrilege.

Has anyone tried it?

I’ve never been interested in a Worms game in 3D, and for some reason this one is no different. I hope it turns out awesome, because I too am a huge Worms fan, but I dunno…

If you put 750 hours into a game, I think you’re safe spending $15 to try a 3D spinoff. Let us know how it goes.

Normally I’d agree with you, Tim. But I used the same logic back in 2004 when Worms 3D came out and it was a waste of money.

Actually it’s not even about the money. It’s about sullying the magic of Worms. I will not have my magic sullied!!!

I’ve always been a huge fan of Worms and I remember playing Worms 3D back in the day and hating it, the game just didn’t feel right. I don’t know if they changed anything for this new version but I wouldn’t recommend it based on my previous experience.

I hated Worms 3D but I turned my opinion around on Worms 4 (Mayhem) which I actually enjoyed and played lots of hotseat with my son. I hadn’t even HEARD of this, so do let us know (anyone) if it’s worth checking out.