Worst thing you'll see all week: Quarantine 2

Title Worst thing you'll see all week: Quarantine 2
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Movie reviews
When August 16, 2011

The saga of [Rec] continues. When Sony bought the rights to this superlative found-footage Spanish zombie movie, they decided to cheaply remake it instead of banking on stupid Americans being willing to read subtitles..

Read the full article

The first half was definitely the better part. I loved how in a rush to save themselves everyone forgets about the poor elderly couple suffering from Parkinsons and just leaves him there, then for some reasons when the zombies are loose, they pretty much ignored him too. I think the biggest problem was a good concept with no direction on where they wanted to go or how they wanted to explain what was happening. So once they tried to get to the explanation it started unravellng.

Even though the nightvision gag was lame, I thought it was funny how it was explained that you can see them before they see you, then suddenly she gets jumped because of the tunnel vision.

I kind of wish the movie had never left the airplane. But I guess the full title is Quarantine 2: The Terminal, so you can't very well stay on the plane the whole time.